Author Topic: Challenge for the Mitel Experts (Page from External Call)  (Read 1363 times)

Offline mschuler

• View Profile
Challenge for the Mitel Experts (Page from External Call)
« on: February 13, 2017, 04:57:53 PM »
We have a Mitel MiVoice Office 250 with Mitel 5330e IP Phones. We have a page zone setup and I was wondering if anyone thinks it could be possible to somehow page the zone from an external call. (e.g. a call from my cell phone would ring all phones).

I understand this is a security issue, just wondering if someone could figure out if this was possible or not.

Appreciate any feedback :D

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Challenge for the Mitel Experts (Page from External Call)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 05:33:10 PM »
You want an external call to directly access a phone page zone? Not possible to my knowledge... However, you could setup an external page system connected to a loop start or SIP trunk/station and page through that.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:59:48 PM »
mshuler,

Could you elaborate on exactly what you are wanting to accomplish?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »
I've done it before.  Connect a loop start trunk port to a single line station port.  Create a phantom ext and do a manual forward of the phantom to dial trunk group, pause (or two), then page code.  So, assuming trunk is 92005 and you want page zone 0 you'd forward to 92005PP70.  But as you say, security is an issue...so you might try leaving the second P and 70 out of the forward string and requiring the caller to dial the 70, maybe even change page feature code to more digits, for example 74835-0 so caller can't stumble on it.  It's been a while since I did, so my memory might be foggy, let me know if you have trouble and I'll fool with mine again.

Offline mschuler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:10:52 AM »
mshuler,

Could you elaborate on exactly what you are wanting to accomplish?

Thanks,

TE

Basically, I'd like to page all phones from my cell phone. I need to be able to see if anyone is in our building after hours for security reasons.

Offline mschuler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 08:11:45 AM »
I've done it before.  Connect a loop start trunk port to a single line station port.  Create a phantom ext and do a manual forward of the phantom to dial trunk group, pause (or two), then page code.  So, assuming trunk is 92005 and you want page zone 0 you'd forward to 92005PP70.  But as you say, security is an issue...so you might try leaving the second P and 70 out of the forward string and requiring the caller to dial the 70, maybe even change page feature code to more digits, for example 74835-0 so caller can't stumble on it.  It's been a while since I did, so my memory might be foggy, let me know if you have trouble and I'll fool with mine again.

I'm gonna fiddle around with this! Thanks dwayneg!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 09:10:27 AM »
Maybe just build a hunt group and ring all phones instead?  Less risk.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »
mschuler,

I was going to say if the speakers don't allow for talkback through them then why not just ring all phones or get one of those paging devices that work on a relay to play a message over your paging system?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10