Author Topic: NuPoint: call doesn't role to mailbox correctly  (Read 1187 times)

Offline tshowalter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint: call doesn't role to mailbox correctly
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »
I have a NuPoint system setup to a 3300. The main number (5001) is set to run through a call director. First it goes to caller ID filter to block a number. Then it goes through a schedule for daily hours. Off hours is sent to the afterhours mailbox. The On hours is sent to a phantom ext. (5*001) that is setup as an appearance on the 3 front desk phones. They all ring fine. If no one answers I have setup a second mailbox (50001) that is the Daytime call director with a menu giving the caller a few options. I made the daytime mailbox 50001 because it would let me make a mailbox 5*001. So in the daytime mailbox 50001 I have set the ext as 5*001 and the alt. ext. 1 to 50001 so that when the first call flow transfers to 5*001 the missed calls should go to the mailbox. Right now if a call is missed the caller hears “Welcome to the Message center Please enter the mailbox you want” instead of going to the 50001 mailbox. I have tested by typing 50001 it goes to the mailbox and I hear the menu and the menu works fine. I just can’t get the call to go to that mailbox on its own. I am not sure what I am missing.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint: call doesn't role to mailbox correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »
I think the '*' is messing you up.
I don't think you'll be able to use an extension with a * in it.

Ralph

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »
Every now and then I'll use a # in my phantoms and have the NuPoint use that phantom as the attendant extension (5#001) but I can't remember if I use any of those as an alternate mailbox number to route to the NuPoint.

Offline tshowalter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »
This was working until last week when a coworker that doesn't know NuPoint messed with it.

Offline tshowalter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 12:44:22 PM »
you can ignore this. After working with the client we found some old notes saying that we had not got this working and went with another option. everything is now working the way the client wants and this is not an issue anymore. Thanks for the responses.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10