Author Topic: external speed dials on 7.2 MCD MXeII  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
external speed dials on 7.2 MCD MXeII
« on: February 08, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »
I am programming a new 3300 and the customer is migrating from a Nortel and they have a list of 30 external numbers that they want everyone globally to be able to call using a 3 or 4 digit access code (or extension). The 5000 has a system speed , as well as the Nortel and I even believe, (if I recall correctly) that the SX200 has one also. How do I create a system speed dial list on this 3300?

Thanks, Jim

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: external speed dials on 7.2 MCD MXeII
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
Use the system speed dial form.

Ralph

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
I guess I needed to be more specific...sorry...the first thing I did was create an extension as the speed dial number and the external number as the actual number with toll override, but I can't dial the number I created. If it matters, this system is using multi-device licenses.

Thanks for the fast reply, jim

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 03:39:30 PM »
I guess I needed to be more specific...sorry...the first thing I did was create an extension as the speed dial number and the external number as the actual number with toll override, but I can't dial the number I created. If it matters, this system is using multi-device licenses.

Thanks for the fast reply, jim
Go to System Properties - System Feature Settings - System Speed Calls and click Add, then for the "Speed Call Number" enter the access number (we often use 600-699 or 6000-6999 as system wide speed calls, like 601 or something unique) and for Actual Number enter the external number including the ARS leading digit (0, 8, or 9), so 817018521431. From any device just dial the Speed Call Number like 601.

For more detailed help, look in the embedded help, under System Features, Features S to V and select Speed Call - System
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:42:41 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
I've been brain dead...I was doing that to start with but I was getting an error when I would dial the access numbers...I had forgotten I had moved the system and I didn't have my PRI hooked up...(sigh)

Thanks, Jim

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:54:25 PM »
I've been brain dead...I was doing that to start with but I was getting an error when I would dial the access numbers...I had forgotten I had moved the system and I didn't have my PRI hooked up...(sigh)

Thanks, Jim
lol... no problem, we have been there.

BTW, If you have lots of number to add you can import them with the spreadsheets... Just add one, then download the spreadsheet, edit it and add the numbers, save and import. Can save a lot of time especially since a lot of customers keep this information in an Excel document already.  A quick copy and paste can save lots of typing.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »
That's an awesome idea...thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10