Author Topic: Caller ID Name not appearing on ONS sets  (Read 1077 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Caller ID Name not appearing on ONS sets
« on: February 07, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
I have this customer with about a dozen 3300 AX controllers, all are stand-alone and completely analog extensions with a single PRI. They are all virtually identical sites with the configuration essentially imported from the same sources so everything is the same... COS and ISDN in particular.

In 9 of these sites, all connected to one carrier, the caller ID name and number works perfectly. (I do not see the CID name information anywhere in a EDT TRACE TSP L2L3 <PLID>, weird, but it works so I don't question it)

In other 3 sites, all connected to a different carrier, we see number on the phones, but the name always says "Unknown". The interest part here is I can actually see the CID Name being presented by the carrier in the the ISDN SETUP message, meaning the PBX is getting it but not displaying it for some reason.

Both carriers are telling me they are using NI2/Bellcore signalling, but I seem to remember something unusual or different about when the Mitel get's the Caller ID Name information in the initial ISDN Setup message, but I can't put my finger on it.

Anybody any ideas?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID Name not appearing on ONS sets
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 06:37:44 AM »
Are the numbers coming through or is it just the name that doesn't show?

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Caller ID Name not appearing on ONS sets
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 09:39:47 AM »
Are the numbers coming through or is it just the name that doesn't show?

Ralph
The numbers come through fine, but the phone's display "Unknown" for the name...

If I do a EDT TRACE VDSU NAMNUM it shows the numbers fine, but the name is missing the first character... for example, a call from UNITED LANGUAGE shows in namnum as "NITED LANGUAGE", but in a ccs trace it's garbage.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10