Author Topic: Program account codes to restrict international calls  (Read 2085 times)

Offline PhoneSlayer

• Contributer
  • I don't like jazz; too many notes.
    • View Profile
Program account codes to restrict international calls
« on: February 07, 2017, 03:51:53 PM »
I'm looking for a way to use Account Codes to restrict the caller's ability to dial international calls. I would like all international calls to prompt for an account code (it can be as basic as 001), and then I will give the code (in this example, 001) to the employees permitted to make international calls.

I'm relatively new to the 5000/MiVO250, and cannot find any good programming guides for Account Codes. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Program account codes to restrict international calls
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:06:33 PM »
Unfortunately you can't do exactly that.  The choices for requiring account code are ALL CALL, LOCAL TOLL CALLS and LONG-DISTANCE TOLL CALLS...ALL CALLS includes LOCAL TOLL and LONG DISTANCE TOLL, LOCAL TOLL includes LONG DISTANCE TOLL.
You could probably modify NUMBERING PLAN/TOLL STRINGS so that LOCAL TOLL included  the LD strings and LONG DISTANCE included only international, but you're getting into deep water here, not for the novice.  If you insist on playing with it message me and I'll send further thoughts about how it could be implemented and what the repercussions might be.

If you don't do a lot of international a much simpler solution is to restrict ALL phones from international (NUMBERING PLAN/CLASSES OF SERVICE), then create a few HOT DESK EXTENSIONS that don't have those restrictions.  Users who need to call international just log in as one of those hot desk users.  Hot desk logins do require a password, so you have that security.

That's the best I can come up with.

Offline PhoneSlayer

• Contributer
  • I don't like jazz; too many notes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »
I think given the choices, I'd go with Long-Distance Toll and not modify the Numbering Plan/Toll Strings; understanding that they'll have to dial the Access Code for all LD calls.

So it is my understanding that I'd want Forced, Non-Validated, Long-Distance Toll...
I would add the extensions to that list under Account Codes, and also confirm that the Account Code Type in their System > Device and Feature Codes > Phones profile is "Forced - Long-Distance Toll Call"
However, this does not prompt for an account code after a LD call is placed from a set with these settings assigned.
Is there something else that I'm missing?

edit: Additionally, In System > Phone-Related Information > Account Codes > Forced, I see a Folder for "Non-Validated", a folder for "Validated", and what looks like a bullet-point with "001" underneath both folders.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:57:12 PM by PhoneSlayer »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »
You're in the right area.  Under SYSTEM/PHONE RELATED INFO/ACCOUNT CODES/FORCED, where you see 001, right-click to add as many more codes as you need.  Each will have a "bin" number, starting with the 001.  In the FORCED ACCOUNT CODE field to the right of the bin numbers type in the desired codes.  Then be sure everybody is in the list at FORCED/VALIDATED/LONG DINCE TOLL CALLS (right-click to add).

One more note: if you make all the codes the same length and then set ACCOUNT CODES/MAXIMUM ACCOUNT CODE LENGTH to match the digit count of your codes, the call will proceed as soon as all digits are dialed.  If you use varying lengths the user will need to press # after any code shorter than this number or wait a long time).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 08:11:00 PM »
PhoneSlayer,

Why don't you just have your carrier handle the need for International Account Codes being required? This way it is only required for International and you get a report from the carrier when it is used.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10