Author Topic: Station Speed Dial  (Read 1783 times)

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Station Speed Dial
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »
Can a feature code be programmed into a station speed dial bin? I am trying to program a button to pick up a call from a hunt group, using the feature code, reverse transfer, then the hunt group, example *42900, when I test it, using the station speed dial bin, the display says use special key for feature codes, even though when programming the station speed dial bin, the system allows me to enter the feature code, which shows up as a star. I can get the system to pick the hunt group when I remove the flag SPCL key required for feature code entry. I try to keep that flag enabled, to eliminate errors cause by users misdialing. This is a HX controller, Version 6.2.SP1.PR2, so it should be the latest software. The phones are 5330e type. Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Station Speed Dial
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:40 AM »
You would need to disable the Special Key Required for Feature Code Entry flag, which I strongly suggest you don't.

You could provide a pick up (reverse transfer) key, which should already be on the phone anyways, and a DSS key for the hunt group.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
dfellows,

Have you tried using an ! (exclamation point) in front of the 4 instead of a *?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »
The exclamation point works, with the use special key enabled in flags. Thank you Tech for the fix. I was afraid I was going to have to leave the flag turned off, and go through many end user oops, my phone don't work, calls.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 04:43:45 AM »
Seeing that you are using the latest version of software have you tried the new feature Park/Pickup button that is now available?  ;)
You program the button as a park/pickup with the hunt group extension. The key will light as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10