Author Topic: 3300/Foip faxes not answering??  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300/Foip faxes not answering??
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:01:57 AM »
3300: 7.2 SP1
Faxmaker 18.2 running on 2008r2

Hi guys,

We suddenly got alarms on both our gateways at 2 different sites that are both connected to a separate Foip server (connected via SIP?). We noticed it earlier today and could not figure out the issue. I engaged the vendor who rebooted the gateways tonight with no luck and I rebooted the foip servers, we now have our primary/secondary gateways showing this alarm and no fax lines are answering (look fine within faxmaker though). Does this have to point to a network issue at this point, cause I really am clueless here as not aware of any network/fw changes recently.

I can ping between the 3300's and foip servers both ways as well.

Log Number 3092
Severity Warning
Date 2017/Feb/03
Time 23:52:16
Source SSP
Description IP[10.6.2.110] has not responded for 30 minutes.Check if this ip is reachable

Log Number 3091
Severity Warning
Date 2017/Feb/03
Time 23:21:52
Source SIP/SIPSm
Description The SIP link 08NYFOIP has failed with cause: RequestTimeout - (Options) Please check the connection between the controllers.. The link will be retried in 120 seconds.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:19:36 AM by Elwood36 »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 3300/Foip faxes not answering??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »
The logs show that the trunks are down to the FoIP gateways.
You can verify that in maintenance commands by entering
SIP links state all
That should show you that the trunks are out of service.

There could be several causes.
- Something is going on with the FoIP servers.
- Something happened to your network.

Try pinging the FoIP servers from the PBX.
Is there a FW between the systems?

Ralph

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:22:35 AM »
Thanks Ralph,

it seems the links are still going up and down randomly, I just ran the command as it shows fine right now:
There are 1 SIP link(s) programmed. Link   08NMFOIP state is       IN SERVICE (link down count 2)

I can ping the foip servers from the PBX and ping the PBX from the foip without an issue, which seems odd. There is no fw between the 2 I don't believe.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:30:52 AM »
Sounds like the links are down when you get the alarm and you may well get incomplete transmission if they drop half way through...have you got another route between the two systems that the ping may be using? maybe for voice traffic? You could be seeing this anomaly if so.

I reckon its your network or the actual SIP itself. No you have to find out which. Join the wireshark club (I am in the middle of proving a SIP fault to either the Mitel or the CP. I hate it when stuff has worked for 5 years and then stops working for no apparent reason.

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I feel bad to admit it, but the issue was windows firewall on the foip servers. Some policy must have gotten pushed down and enabled it or blocked a port. As soon as I disabled it, everything started clearing!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10