Author Topic: MiCollab Calendar Integration - Why won't our appt's show up in MiCollab / O365  (Read 8162 times)

Offline onesolution

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab Calendar Integration - Why won't our appt's show up in MiCollab?   We are currently using Office 365.   Any tips or links you can direct my way or greatly appreciated.   See attachment, I have an appointment during the time of this screen shot.

Thanks
Chris

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Hi Chris,

Have you been able to sort this out? I'm having the same issue after moving to O365. My client is 7.2. What version is your client? Do you use server based calendar integration as well?

Cheers!
Steve

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Failure to successfully connect to the Exchange or Office 365 server
When configuring the Exchange or Office 365 server from the Enterprise Tab of the MiCollab
Client Administration Tool, the following error can be encountered when testing the connection:
Invalid calendar server credentials
If this error is encountered, perform the following steps:
1. Re-enter the credentials and click the Test Connection button again to rule out spelling
errors.
2. Ensure that no one in your organization has changed the password for the account being
used for MiCollab Client-Exchange integration.
3. Verify that the IIS Webserver on the Exchange server has enabled at least one of Basic or
Digest authentication mechanism. MiCollab Client Service does not support NTLM authentication
mechanism (also known as Windows Authentication) and will fail authentication if
that is the only type of authentication enabled on Exchange server. To verify this, do the
following:
a. PuTTY onto the MiCollab Client Service and run the following command. Replace the
Exchange URL and user/password with one reflecting your configuration. If you
have enabled only digest authentication on the Exchange server, then change the –-basic to –-digest in the curl command options:
Ccurl -v --insecure --basic -u 'administrator:password' -d ''
https://exchange.mitel.com/ews/exchange.asmx
b. This command should NOT return 401/403 response codes. If it does, then you may
need to enable Basic/Digest authentication on the Exchange server. More specifically,
look at the HTTP headers shown in the curl response. The WWW-Authenticate headers
should contain Basic and/or Digest (for example, WWW-Authenticate: Digest
qop="auth",... OR WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="10.101...). If the
response has only NTLM header (such as WWW-Authenticate: NTLM), then your
Exchange server is configured for only NTLM.
4. To enable Basic/Digest authentication (this applies for Windows Server 2003 R2 – your
exact steps may vary):
a. Start IIS Manager: Start -> All programs -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information
Services (IIS) Manager.
b. Navigate to EWS: (Local computer -> Web Sites -> Default Web Site -> EWS).
c. Right click -> Properties -> Directory Security -> Authentication and access control
-> Edit.
d. Check Digest, Basic, or both. Apply and Save.
e. From the DOS prompt, enter: iisreset.exe /RESTART
f. Attempt the curl command again. The curl command may show a 500 response, which
is acceptable. It should not show a 401/403 response.
• For Exchange 2013 server, see http://www.itnotes.eu/?p=2455.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MiCollab Client with MBG configurations

To receive real time notifications from the Office 365 Exchange server, a CA signed certificate must be installed on the MBG.

Offline onesolution

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Fixed it.   

All you have to do is un-check the Enable Calendar Integration in the picture attached on the Micollab server side and it instantly fixed the issue.   You can get to this section by going to http://ip-address/server-manager  >  MiCollab Client Server > Enterprise (tab) > Calendar Integration > Select Office 365 and MAKE SURE "Enable Calendar Integration" is NOT checked.   

We are using Office 365 & Outlook 2016 (local copy)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:55:42 PM by onesolution »

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Hi Chris,

I'm not sure how this fixed yours. When i unchecked it on mine, it disabled calendar integration completely (as expected) and anyone who had their micollab client open at the time got a message saying that the calendar integration has been disable by the administrator. Still no appointments showing on client. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Offline onesolution

• Contributer
    • View Profile

** YOU MAY NEED TO LOG OUT OF THE CLIENT ONCE THE SERVER SIDE IS UNCHECKED **   Then go back into the client and check the new option under Configuration > Calendar Integration.

Apparently there is a server side configuration OR a client side.   I've attached what mine looks like now from both the client end and the server end.   Basically I disabled the server side and we are using the local client which uses the local Outlook install instead.   If you are using Outlook 365 (web client vs. local installed client), this will not work and you will have to figure out the server side configuration.   After talking with Mitel, Consultants and reading just about everything, this is how it should be setup if you have a local instance of Outlook installed.   This is definitely not made clear in any documentation, Mitel and our consultants struggled with this until I found this solution.

Mitel Client 7.2.1.10
Outlook 2016 (local install)
Office 365 (through Microsoft direct)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:31:36 AM by onesolution »

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Thank you Chris! I needed to go back into the client and check the new option under configuration > Calendar integration. Once I did this, all good!

Thanks.

Offline onesolution

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Glad to hear!   

I will say this, this option does not work for the Mac Client.   The Mac Client needs the server side Calendar Integration enabled. 

Chris

Offline onesolution

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Just an update, we finally got our server side to work.   You MUST use the following URL for the Exchange Server URL setting on the MiCollab server for Office 365.   Once you make these changes like the image attached, you'll need to go into the Client on either Windows or Mac, and update the Calendar Integration settings.   I did notice there is a little more delay with this setup, however it does allow Windows and Mac clients to work correctly. 

https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:15:42 PM by onesolution »

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
Just a FYI,

there are two types of integration. Client side and server side.
Unticking the box on the server as you pointed out in a screen grab, ultimately removes server side.
So you are then left with client side integration which has to be configured by users manually. To my knowledge this is supported for O365 as it uses an Outlook API to do the necessary

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10