Author Topic: Whitelist Media IPs in MBG  (Read 1996 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Whitelist Media IPs in MBG
« on: February 01, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »
I am trying to setup a new SIP provider called Telnyx, everything seems to be working except the RTP is being blocked by the MBG on 8 out of 10 calls because it is coming from a variety of IP addresses, in packet captures I can see it hitting the MBG but not passing through it. The carrier says I need to "whitelist" their Media IP's, how can I do that in the MBG?

https://support.telnyx.com/20309-support/223600-new-ips-for-whitelisting

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Whitelist Media IPs in MBG
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
MBG doesn't blacklist anything (unless you have populated the ip blocking feature).

Is this sip carrier on the MiVB supported list? If so, it should be documented how to configure MiVB and MBG.

The tug log file should give you a clue if you look at that.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »
MBG doesn't blacklist anything (unless you have populated the ip blocking feature).

Is this sip carrier on the MiVB supported list? If so, it should be documented how to configure MiVB and MBG.

The tug log file should give you a clue if you look at that.
Hmm... then I wonder what is going on. I have packet captures that clearly show the MBG is not letting the audio through, I can see it on the public side, but nothing on the private side.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:56:28 PM »
I sent you a PM. the tug logs will show *why* MBG isn't forwarding.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:45:17 PM »
I sent you a PM. the tug logs will show *why* MBG isn't forwarding.
I sent you the logs, not sure if you got it though... I looked in the tug logs, guess I don't look at them enough, it shows an unauthorized RTP stream but I can't really see why it's not authorized. I added packet captures and tug logs to ticket with Mitel, will see what they say.

Going to have to look through the SIP CoE document tonight, see if I can find a backup to my backup plan to help this customer get NYC numbers into Minneapolis data center with an approved carrier, but I am not sure that will help since we tried once with an tested and certified carrier but apparently their "eSIP" product is not the same as SIP trunking so the approved method doesn't apply.

Don't suppose you can recommend a good cloud SIP provider than can terminate international calls reasonably and get numbers for most US markets? Worst part is we were testing this carrier for Hong Kong numbers and in all our tests this issue never came up, but something else did and we needed 20 NYC DID's in a hurry and they got us a block in 5 minutes. :)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:13:14 AM »
This is working now... thanks to dilkie for helping me out and noticing that there was some weird things going on with PRACK messages only appearing on inbound calls and not outbound calls. Disabling PRACK across the board (SIP Peer Profile, MBG SIP Trunk, and on the carrier side) was the key, the IP address whitelists had nothing to do with it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10