Author Topic: forward message  (Read 1100 times)

Offline magnus

• View Profile
forward message
« on: February 01, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »
I have a customer using Mitel 6.2 with LS lines

They want to forward their extension to a cell phone when they leave the office. There is a 5-10 second pause between the forward at the extension and the ringing audio from the cell phone. Is there a way to add a message notifying that a transfer is taking place?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: forward message
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
Sure, create a CRA with a greeting that times out to a phantom which is forwarded to the cell phone. Forward the phone to the CRA.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 10:52:55 AM »
That is a good idea.
But I would need to set this up for each user right? And a phantom for each number they want to forward to?

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 11:00:44 AM »
What about using DEE to ring both sides at once?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »
The delay will always be there and it's especially long since you're using LS trunks.  The PBX has to find an open line then literally outpulse all the DTMF digits to dial the number.  DEE is a cleaner solution than manual forward because unanswered calls come back to the business VMail   but won't be noticeably faster, still needs to dial number.  DND ON's suggestion about CRAs is right on, and you're correct that you'll need one for each ext that does this...set the DIGIT TRANSLATION TIMEOUT to go to a phantom that is forwarded to the cell.  You can use the same recording for all, or customize per user (Hi, this is Bob but I'm out of the office, so please hold while your call is transferred to my cell).  Remember that you can use copy/paste to create multiple phantoms and CRAs, then just change details.  If I were doing this for a bunch of people I'd keep numbering consistent...say ext is XXX, I'd make phantom 24XXX, CRA 25XXX so I'd remember why I built all this.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »
Why the CRA first? We often just forward to a phantom that is CFA directly... Just curious.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:11:23 PM »
Why CRA?  Because original poster wants to explain to callers that it may take a while to answer (which it will, on LS lines that must outpulse DTMF)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 09:22:14 PM »
Why CRA?  Because original poster wants to explain to callers that it may take a while to answer (which it will, on LS lines that must outpulse DTMF)
Oh, duh... How did I miss that part of it? Sorry, and yes that would be the perfect solution to use a CRA.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10