Author Topic: Weird Ring  (Read 1267 times)

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
Weird Ring
« on: January 27, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »
Anyone familiar with a Device type DEV XXXX [random numbers] for incoming calls? The users are saying the call was not answerable when lifting the handset and had the IC ring pattern.

Thank you
Kenny

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Weird Ring
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:47:41 AM »
Maybe auto IC is off. Could try default Feature Code 394. This puts all the phones flags back to factory.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:57:06 AM »
MrNitch,

A Device Type inside of the system is not something the average person or even certified technician would know about.

It looks as though calls are coming into Node 10 from CO Trunk Group 92001 across three different Trunks, 94000-94002.

They are set to ring Extensions 12513, 12803, 12802, and 12301.

Now when you see the Device Type = DEV 303 for example that is a number that is behind the scenes to determine what type of Device that is; such as a particular phone type or a mailbox. A technician wouldn't have access to that information to explain it to you.

Do you see all of the calls this way or only the ones that show up as unanswerable with an IC ring pattern?

Thanks,

TE

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »

Do you see all of the calls this way or only the ones that show up as unanswerable with an IC ring pattern?

The only time we have seen them is when the calls is unanswerable.

They are coming in over those trunks as you said which are provided via PRI and handed to huntgroups which include those extensions listed [plus others, all of which get the same ring and are unable to answer]
Normally when the call is handed off and answerable it just states Device type IP-EP like the expanded call w/ details on the right.

Thank you
Kenny

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 07:47:52 PM »
MrNitch,

Have you downloaded the database and run a DB Test on it? I think it will come back as corrupted. The only other answer would be the hardware is having a problem with processing the information properly; that is a guess.

Anyway, run a DB Test and see what it shows.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 09:23:22 AM »
So I regularly do this from time to time when I issues but I didn't think to for this. I have reoccurring errors as well that I tend to see every time and below are them. I never read them to the end, they say DevID which looks similar to the devices in the errors. I blow them off since they say SIP and we are not SIP. I also found that the internet side of the T1 that the PRI handoff was coming in on was very dirty intermittently, I feel perhaps that may have been corrupting the call data some how, does that sound far fetched?

[PageZoneDevices]/[device_id] contains a reference to a device of the wrong type [DevID:52, Type:572]   Deleted record
[SIPMBDevices]/[sip_device_id] contains a reference to a device of the wrong type [DevID:1167, Type:201]   Deleted record
[SIPMBDevices]/[sip_device_id] contains a reference to a device of the wrong type [DevID:1175, Type:201]   Deleted record

Thank you
Kenny

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »
I haven't had an issue since AT&T repaired the internet issue, I will upload the repaired database tonight.

Thank you

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10