Author Topic: No incoming or outgoing calls  (Read 1755 times)

Offline dbetlow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
No incoming or outgoing calls
« on: January 27, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »
Each time our ISP has a network outage, our 5000 needs to be rebooted.

After the outage, which typically happens in the overnight hours, users can't make or receive calls to/from external users.  They get a message that says something like 'the device you are using is not registered to make calls on the network'. 

A reboot fixes it, but it has plagued us about once every couple months for years.  Anyone know of a setting or fix to make it so the PBX can re-establish its connection with our ISP without a reboot?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No incoming or outgoing calls
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:42:53 AM »
dbetlow,

Are you stating that your system is using SIP Trunks and when your ISP has these frequent outages that it requires you to reboot in order to reregister with the SIP Provider service?

If that is the case then why are you not changing your ISP to another provider that is more stable?

Other than that we would need to know how your system is configured and what version it is at to determine if there is an issue with how it is setup.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dbetlow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »
Yes, it feels like every couple months.  In reality, it might be twice a year.  Most of the time these are scheduled outages in the wee hours of the night, so I don't care.  I just have to remember to remote into the phone system and reboot.

Using 6.0 SP1 PR1.  Not sure what configuration details would help.

I was curious if others had seen this or not and whether it was a known issue.  We've had multiple Mitel partners, but none of them have figured it out.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »
If it's a scheduled outage in the middle of the night, just program a scheduled reset early in the morning.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
dbetlow,

For scheduled outages what DND ON says is true as long as it is after the scheduled time it would work. For those times that are not scheduled that is the problem.

Apparently is seems as though your service is down for a significant amount of time and it may behoove you to change your Maximum Registration Retries from 5 to something higher depending on how long the service is down. The range is from 0-32767 retries.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dbetlow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
I'll give the maximum registration retries a try.  It was set at 5.  I made it 100.  We'll see.  Thanks!

How often is it recommended to restart?  We currently have it set to twice a week.  I suppose the other option would be to reboot each weekday (early AM).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »
dbetlow,

Well typically for most sites, those not requiring 24/7/365, once a week is more than enough. In reality it will handle most necessary resets on its own when it is having problems that it deems is required to fix the issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Just a heads up on the retry limit.
Unless my understanding it wrong then setting it over 8 is actually useless.
The retry time should be set to 1 minute. Each time the system tries it doubles the wait time.
1 minute
2 minutes
4 minutes
8 minutes
16 minutes
etc
Setting it to 100 does not make it work any better.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10