Author Topic: Hotdesk login key on device-only 5312  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hotdesk login key on device-only 5312
« on: January 19, 2017, 11:54:13 AM »
I could have sworn that we have had a feature code for hotdesk login programmed on a CDE Speedcall key on 5312 but when I've attempted to program one it says "Line type is not supported for this set".  Flip the service level to Full and I can create the key I want.

Is this a feature that was removed in newer firmware? Is there an alternative to wasting a license just to make it easier to log in?

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: Hotdesk login key on device-only 5312
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 03:16:51 AM »
Hi Dogbreath, what SW load was installed when you last tested this? If I remember well before MCD 4.0 (or so) you had to use two IP device licenses a one User license to enable hotdesking, one IP device for the hotdesk device itself and one IP device and one user license for the user that was logging on. With this configuration it was possible program the keys on the logged of device.

But after Mitel simplified the user and device licensing and after introduced device service levels, devices that has Trusted level do not allow to program the keys. For hotdesking you would then just need one "IP user" license but you lost the possibility to setup keys for sets when the user if logged off. 

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 04:30:26 AM »
The system in question started life on 6.x, so I be imagining having programmed keys on base extensions!

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:15:35 AM »
Did you mean ICP 6.0 or MCD 6.0?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 08:19:50 AM »
MCD

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 12:36:11 PM »
I apologize, in my first post I meant "IP Device Only" service level, not "Trusted".

If the controller started its life on MCD 6.0 then it had to consume one IP device license in order to allow on 5312 to define a Hotdesk login speed call key (as far as I know).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10