Author Topic: Use DEE to send call to hunt group  (Read 1304 times)

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
Use DEE to send call to hunt group
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »
I have a user that wishes to send unanswered calls to our sales staff.  I suggested we use DEE to do this, but do not see where you can send a call directly to the HG.  So, I created a phantom and told it to forward all calls immediately to the sales HG.

I then went into DEE and added another step....step one rings his desk phone and cell phone, step two rings the phantom, and step three is VM.

We tested this and the HG was never rang...did I miss a flag?  Is this supposed to work?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Use DEE to send call to hunt group
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:17:20 PM »
Would it not be easier to use system forwarding to achieve what you want?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »
Sorry just re-read. System forwarding may not work with DEE as you already have mobile twinning.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
I can't imagine that this would work. Once calls are transferred to a hunt group, the hunt group programming takes over and station programming is ignored.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »
Cholzhauer,

The one thing that you missed was that DEE overrides all other forwarding types; i.e. it is ignoring your manual forward to the Hunt Group.

The good news is that you didn't miss any flags, the bad news is that your logic flow won't work.

In order to make it ring the Sales Hunt Group you will have to break the logic by sending the call to a device (CRA) that will answer it and then transfer the call to the Hunt Group. The issue with that is now the call won't go to the person's mailbox without more logic being designed into the call flow.

So if it were I that was designing it this is how I would go about it.

1. Create a new CRA that will timeout to the person's mailbox.
2. Create a new Hunt Group and copy the Sales Hunt Group with the exception of having the Recall go to the new CRA that will timeout to the person's mailbox; no day or night recordings. Make sure you set the Recall timer to about 24 seconds (4 rings).
3. Create another new CRA that will timeout to the new faux Sales HG that will Recall to the person's mailbox.
4. Set step 2 of the DEE to go to the CRA created in Step 3. There will not be a Step 3 in the DEE so you can remove Voice Mail.

Give that a shot and see if it works for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.  I did this, but when DEE directs the call to the phantom, it doesn't pick door.

Offline TheQueen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 03:49:58 PM »
This might be an alternate solution: Use the System Forwarding Path. Create one specifically for this extension. Have Forward Point 1 be the Sales Hunt Group and Forward Point 2 be Voice Mail.
Or: Still use System Forwarding Path, but create a separate Hunt Group for the Sales Group (Forward Point 1), which then Overflows to a CRA which times out to the appropriate MB.

Offline ecassidy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »
Cholzhauer,

The one thing that you missed was that DEE overrides all other forwarding types; i.e. it is ignoring your manual forward to the Hunt Group.

The good news is that you didn't miss any flags, the bad news is that your logic flow won't work.

In order to make it ring the Sales Hunt Group you will have to break the logic by sending the call to a device (CRA) that will answer it and then transfer the call to the Hunt Group. The issue with that is now the call won't go to the person's mailbox without more logic being designed into the call flow.

So if it were I that was designing it this is how I would go about it.

1. Create a new CRA that will timeout to the person's mailbox.
2. Create a new Hunt Group and copy the Sales Hunt Group with the exception of having the Recall go to the new CRA that will timeout to the person's mailbox; no day or night recordings. Make sure you set the Recall timer to about 24 seconds (4 rings).
3. Create another new CRA that will timeout to the new faux Sales HG that will Recall to the person's mailbox.
4. Set step 2 of the DEE to go to the CRA created in Step 3. There will not be a Step 3 in the DEE so you can remove Voice Mail.

Give that a shot and see if it works for you.

Thanks,

TE

I work for cholzhauer and was tasked with making it work. After following the above I had the issue where the phantom wasn't picking up the call. The only reason a phantom was in play, was the limitation of DEE not allowing CRAs in the place of say Desk2. To get around it I used the voice mail step and routed it to the CRA in step 4. Seems to be working now, thank you all for the help!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 07:08:44 AM »
ecassidy,

I am glad you got this working and I can see where I may have caused some confusion with my answer. If you use the Voice Mail entry it will allow you to put in the extension of a CRA.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10