Author Topic: Change extension for "Dial 0 for Assistance"  (Read 2857 times)

Offline justsomeguy

• View Profile
Change extension for "Dial 0 for Assistance"
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:30:49 AM »
Hi guys. Newbie here...this is my first post, but I've been browsing these boards for help for about a year now.  You all have really been a lot of help, but I'm having trouble finding info on changing the destination extension for the "Dial 0 for Assistance" from our auto attendant.  I've changed settings to the new extension on the following below, but it still rings at the old extension when dialing 0.

I've changed settings to new extension here: 5000CP > System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > (new extension) > Flags > Attendant = "Yes".
Also here:  5000CP > System > Phone-Related Information > Attendants > (Entered new extension).
And finally here:  5000CP > System > Phone-Related Information >  Primary Attendants > (Changed both Primary and Local to new extension).

Lastly, the voicemail light on our general mailbox still also lights up on the old extension.

Help please.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Change extension for "Dial 0 for Assistance"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:19:03 AM »
justsomeguy,

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you are not a certified technician.

Since you are referring to your Auto Attendant then you should be looking under Voice Processor not the System.

It depends on what is answering the call so it could be one of two things when someone dials 0 from your Auto Attendant.

1. Under Voice Processor you will see:
  a. Dial-0 Day Destination Type
  b. Dial-0 Night Destination Type

This is the Dial 0 option when using the pre-built Auto Attendant or Auto Attendant Recall or any Call Routing Application that uses Transfer to Operator.

2. Look for the Call Routing Announcement Digit Translation for 0 for the application that is answering the call and see what it transfers to.

As for the Mailbox that still lights up the old extension you will need to stay in the Voice Processor and go to Mailboxes. Look for the mailbox that is lighting the old extension and then change the:

1. Message Notification Phone destination

Thanks,

TE

Offline justsomeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 01:22:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply TE!  You're right...I'm not a certified technician at all.  Lol.  I'm the System Admin here.  We used to have our phone system managed by our Mitel phone provider, but unfortunately we had to cut support for budgetary reasons.  So I've been charged with learning on the fly with no training.  This forum has helped me a lot though.

As for my issue, I'd previously tried #1a, but that didn't change it.  However, I tried your #2 suggestion and it worked perfectly.  Thank you for that!

Regarding Message Notification Phone Destination...it's still pointing to the old extension, but I cannot change it.  Any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 02:32:01 PM »
justsomeguy,

If it doesn't allow you to change it then it is an associated mailbox not a disassociated one. Meaning that the mailbox that you are looking at shares the same extension as the device.

Most of the time a technician will program a company mailbox separate, as a disassociated mailbox, instead of using the mailbox associated with the "operator".

You may just be looking at the wrong mailbox or it could be that it was program that way and there is no way to change the destination without disassociating the mailbox from the device.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10