Author Topic: Install Error  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Tom Preston

• View Profile
Install Error
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
Good Morning,

This is my first time here and I was very glad to find this group. Other forums have been invaluable resources and I suspect this one will too; so thank you to everyone who participates. On to the problem...

On December 27, the my workstation's MBR became corrupted and I had no backup. For that reason, I had to rebuild the PC from the ground up. In doing so, I chose to take advantage of the situation by installing Windows 10 Pro x64 rather than the Windows 7 Pro that was previously installed.

After installing the OS and some more urgent software (NAV and such), I attempted to install what I though was the correct version of the Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics program. However, that decision proved to be wrong when I received the attached error (attachment #1). That error message states that the program could not complete the install because it is "Unable to backup file C:\Windows\System32\Datalink2.dll.

In discussing this with my Mitel vendor, he sent me the correct Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics version and told me to install it. In doing so, all went well for a time until another error told me that I must first uninstall the previous version. This error is attached as attachment #2.

So, I went to Add or Remove Programs, found the Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics app and began the uninstall. Almost immediately, it responded with the same error I received when trying the initial install (attachment #1). In an effort to circumvent this error, I opened System Restore and was disapointed to find that no Restore Points exist prior to the original installation of the incorrect version of the Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics program.

So, I'm stuck in a loop. I can't install the correct version of the Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics program until I uninstall the incorrect version...and I can't seem to uninstall the incorrect version. Any guidance or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Preston

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Install Error
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
What version is your system? Several older versions are not supported in Windows 10.

I also recommend only using the 32-bit version for compatibility reasons... unlike most software where I would recommend matching your OS.

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Install Error
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »
Unless your Microsoft Office Suite is 64 bit, I as well would install the 32 bit version.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10