Author Topic: Axxess Backup Issues  (Read 1228 times)

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Axxess Backup Issues
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:32:27 AM »
Hello,

I have an Inter-Tel Axxess that doesn't seem to like me taking a backup of. When I run the backup job it runs right to the end and then a message pops up saying:
'The connection to the voice mail unit has been lost. Database Programming will have to be shutdown.' When you press OK the database programming then closes.

Has anybody seen this error before or know how to resolve it?

There are no issues with voicemail that I can see, that side of things all seems to be working OK.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Axxess Backup Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »
VoIP Guy,

Wow, Axxess, don't mess with those too much anymore; congrats.

Anyway, the issue you are experiencing, from my memory which isn't very good, means that you are most likely using a serial port to connect; is that right?

What type of card are you connecting to?

If you can do this via IP then that would be best. Otherwise try using a secondary port, not on the processor card, like through an OPC.

We did have issues with some techs unplugging the serial connection to the Voice Processor and using that for making the connection when the primary serial port wouldn't let them in; hopefully that is not what you did.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »
VoIP Guy,

Wow, Axxess, don't mess with those too much anymore; congrats.

Anyway, the issue you are experiencing, from my memory which isn't very good, means that you are most likely using a serial port to connect; is that right?

What type of card are you connecting to?

If you can do this via IP then that would be best. Otherwise try using a secondary port, not on the processor card, like through an OPC.

We did have issues with some techs unplugging the serial connection to the Voice Processor and using that for making the connection when the primary serial port wouldn't let them in; hopefully that is not what you did.

Thanks,

TE

Hi Tech Electronics,

I know, they're.... fun!

To access the system I'm dialing in and connecting in via the in built modem.

It used to work OK and I've come to take a backup the other day and it's suddenly started producing the error. Nothing has changed on site either with cards/cables etc.

Thanks,
VoIP Guy.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:41:54 PM »
VoIP Guy,

So, have you looked at the Error Logs to see if this is a frequent occurrence or just when you are performing a Backup?

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »
VoIP Guy,

So, have you looked at the Error Logs to see if this is a frequent occurrence or just when you are performing a Backup?

Thanks,

TE

Just when I'm performing the backup from the looks of it.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
VoIP Guy,

Try doing a system shutdown and reboot of both the Voice Processor and the Axxess Cabinet(s) and then try performing a backup through a direct connection of the serial port the modem is attached to after that.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 05:48:59 PM »
We see this a lot, it is almost always regarding the modem... onsite or network backups work perfectly. The VoIP is deployed, the more we have issues with modems, we have even stopped specing laptops with modems but instead use an external one. I have an old US Robotics Courier 56k modem, probably the best you can get for dialup access to Inter-tel systems, and still struggle sometimes to even connect to them at all, much less long enough to get a backup to take.

Even on the old Axxess (CPC based) getting network access is pretty easy, even remotely. Get an IP address on the lan from the customer, have them port forward 4000/TCP to from the public to the Axxess IP, and just connect that way. Piece of cake.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 07:57:29 PM »
Acejavelin,

That would only work if that have a CPC, which is not always the case. They should have one, but we still have customers who are using the old CPU 256 and 512s which do not have a NIC on them.

The issue from what I can tell isn't one of connection and programming, but of performing a backup that causes the Voice Processor to disconnect; odd.

I assume that up to this point they have never had an issue with this before, on this site, so unless something changed with their carrier or how things are physically connected then the issue is most likely with the CPU/CPC card; as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10