Author Topic: Call Routing Issues  (Read 1099 times)

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call Routing Issues
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:53:14 AM »
Hi,

I've got an issue with an Inter-Tel Axxess (System version: 9:009) and call routing.

The routing is setup as follows:

DDI --> STAR (Message) --> Ring Group --> CRA (Message) --> Ring Group again.

The only problem is that occasionally (at sporadic moments during the day) calls won't ring the Ring Group and instead will ring a different extension completely that I can't find programmed anywhere along the way.

Any ideas?

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Call Routing Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 09:15:21 AM »
I would check the STAR Programming and see if any of the applications send the call somewhere else in the middle of the day.

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »
Hi Pexecutone,

I've gone through each of the 1-20 STAR programming and there is only 1 that's set for during the day and this is the call route I'm following.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Also, the STAR can't send call directly to a hunt group, so it first passes through another CRA which immediately times out to the HG.  Inspect this CRA, make sure there's nothing strange in the digit translations there.  So route would be STAR > CRA > Hunt Group > another CRA > HG.
Also inspect the hunt group, especially the members...make sure that other place calls go to isn't a HG member that only hits if all other members are busy...easy test: put all the HG members you know about in DND, call the ext of HG, see if something else rings.

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »
Hi Dwayne,

Yes - Sorry, that's what I meant.

But yes, the only thing in the CRA is the timeout which goes to the Hunt Group.

The member of the Hunt Group is an extension list that contains the 2x extensions.

I'll give that a test and see what happens. If something else rings, how would we find it?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:45:17 AM »
Check for Announcement, Overflow and Recall stations on the hunt group. If there are none defined, calls will stay in the hunt group queue until answered.

Another issue might be voice mail port usage. If all voice mail ports are busy, the STAR application will not be available to route the calls, and they will default to the Primary Attendant station. If you see your voice mail key lit occasionally, that would indicate all ports are busy.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10