Author Topic: MiCollab Silent Install / Transform  (Read 8350 times)

Offline tmelville

• View Profile
MiCollab Silent Install / Transform
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »
Hello: My company is rolling out a new Mitel system. I am in charge of desktop support and getting the client out to users. I currently have a program to deploy MiCollab to users, using the following command:

/qn UC_SERVER_HOSTNAME=(our FQDN) UC_LANGUAGE=en

The install runs fine, and when I double click the newly installed app it opens OK, using AD single sign on. However I am prompted with a dialog box that says: Install Notice- MiCollab audio, web and video conferencing client is not currently installed. Do you wish to download and install it now?

We want this to proceed with no user interaction. Is there any command link switch I need to add? Or do I need to create a transform file to specify that the additional components should be downloaded and installed without user interaction?

Thanks,

-Tom

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Silent Install / Transform
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:55:56 PM »
There is a separate application for MCA you will need to install as well as the Micollab client. You will need to install the admin version of the MCA client, which you can download from the Micollab server.
The URL to grab the file from is:
Code: [Select]
https://fqdn.domain.com/wd/MCAClient-admin.exe Obviously just replacing the fqdn.domain.com with the actual server fqdn.

Offline tmelville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:35:55 PM »
I tried going to the address you specified. Keeping the full path with .exe says file not found. When I keep just the directory in the path, I get access denied. So I've emailed our sysadmin as he should be able to obtain the file.

Do you know if this silently installs? I use a program called BatchPatch to remotely install programs, so I don't think admin rights will be an issue.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Offline joev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »
Thanks, @martyn. That resolved my issue of installing just the MCAClient. Champion!

@tmelville, to install silently, I used the msi. To do this, open the MCAClient-admin.exe file (not installing), navigate to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Downloaded Installations\MCAClient\ and copy the file from there.  Cancel the install and run this command to silently install the msi file:

msiexec /i "MCAClient-admin.msi" /q /norestart

To uninstall:   msiexec /x "MCAClient-admin.msi"

Thanks again, @martyn.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10