Author Topic: MCD 3300 Fans Alarm  (Read 2100 times)

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MCD 3300 Fans Alarm
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:53:41 AM »
I have an MCD that is occasionally giving a FANS alarm, either for one, or both fans.

They were actually replaced a few months ago due to an actual fan failure (swapped both while we were in there). However, when this error pops up, I can see with my eyes that both fans are active. The alarm will come and go. I don't think there's a way I can reset that status is there?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MCD 3300 Fans Alarm
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:23:38 PM »
I have an MCD that is occasionally giving a FANS alarm, either for one, or both fans.

They were actually replaced a few months ago due to an actual fan failure (swapped both while we were in there). However, when this error pops up, I can see with my eyes that both fans are active. The alarm will come and go. I don't think there's a way I can reset that status is there?
No... One of three things is occuring, the connector didn't get seated properly and it is giving a bad speed (RPM) reading to the controller, the fans are defective and not reporting speeds properly, or the mainboard in the controller is defective (which is rare but I have seen it).

Did you replace the fans with Mitel official ones? We replaced some once with aftermarket and they didn't spin fast enough, causing constant alarms even when they were working properly.

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MCD 3300 Fans Alarm
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
Thanks Ace. I used a Mitel offical kit when we replaced this summer. Next time I have it splayed open I'll double check the connectors.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10