Author Topic: CF/Reroute issue on MVB 8  (Read 1817 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
CF/Reroute issue on MVB 8
« on: December 30, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »
Ran into a weird issue where Call Reroute 2nd Alternative doesn't seem to be working properly on the new MiVB 8, anybody have any insight?

The call flow is supposed to look like this... Outside caller dials a DID, that hits a Nupoint Call Director mailbox and if they press 1 it goes to a schedule then out to a ring group... Once the call hits the ring group it rings for 12 seconds, then overflows to a dummy extension (29901) that is CFA to a cell phone. (So far no problems). Then it should  ring the cell phone for about 15 seconds, and if not answered come back to a Nupoint mailbox to take a message and send it out as an email. The problem is the call never comes back...

I realized quickly that the Ring Group was the problem (can't reroute after an overflow), so I removed CFA from the dummy extension and added CFNA to the cell phone, set the timers in COS so it rang 12 seconds for CFNA, changed Reroute 1st Alt back to a 1 and set 2nd Alt to a 3 (setup for VM HG). I then programmed a M/C appearance on all the sets and changed Nupoint to blind transfer to 29901.

Now the call gets through Nupoint, rings on the phones for 12 seconds, rings the cell phone, but stays there forever until the cell providers voicemail picks up, no matter how I set the Call Reroute Timer in System Options or the Answer Plus System Reroute Timer in COS of the device, the Call Reroute 2nd Alternative route never kicks in.

Thoughts on what I am doing wrong or how to make it work?

BTW, if I just call forward 29901 to a cell and leave the Call Reroute 1st Alternative set, then call the cell it rings the cell for 15 seconds then recalls to the correct mailbox, so I know that part works.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CF/Reroute issue on MVB 8
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 08:02:27 PM »
Is the cellphone a EHDU?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:53:54 PM »
Is the cellphone a EHDU?
No, just a Call Forward No Answer (or Call Forward Always) point.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:26:43 AM »
I've seen this several times.
If it doesn't forward to nupoint when it's forwarded to a cell phone on an always condition, that means it's getting answer supervision. 

I'd bet it would work as expected if you forwarded to something else or even a different cell carrier.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 12:34:12 PM »
I've seen this several times.
If it doesn't forward to nupoint when it's forwarded to a cell phone on an always condition, that means it's getting answer supervision. 

I'd bet it would work as expected if you forwarded to something else or even a different cell carrier.

Ralph
Yeah, tried that... AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, all same result, but you could be on the right track there.

I guess the part that got me was I lowered the Call Reroute Timer in System Options to 5 seconds, and it still never rerouted, but if I lowered the CFNA timer to 5 seconds and used the Call Reroute 1st Alternative it did work, just the 2nd Alternative seems to be not working.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:32:50 PM »
I found a solution for this so I thought I would share... the problem was apparently in MiVB 8 if you don't have a Call Reroute 1st Alternative setup, the 2nd one will never kick in.

I setup an extension to Call Forward 1st Alternative to a System Speed Call of the cell phone, and 2nd Alternative to VM and programmed multicall appearances on all the phones they wanted to ring. I then gave the MC extension a different COS and set the CFNA timer to 12 seconds, and the Answer Plus System Reroute Timer to 25 seconds.

This gave the customer the end result they were looking for, and the ability to adjust the timers as needed. The only gotcha I found was the MC set had to be a Full Service extension, if I made it a Multi-Device user and put it in a Multi-Device Group, it wouldn't work... I think this might be a bug in 8.0 as it should have worked as a MUDG.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10