Author Topic: Phone Manager Client: Doesn't update phone with Presence changes  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Phone Manager Client: Doesn't update phone with Presence changes
« on: December 22, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
Issue: Communication Error
The client can see what the attached phone is doing and tracks calls as expected. When the user changes their Presence Profile, such as to DND, it doesn't actually put the phone into DND. If the user manually puts the phone into DND it sees that the phone has made a change and the caution symbol updates to let you know it, but if you click on it to fix the issue it doesn't.

If I set a Presence Profile and then restart the server when it comes up it changes the state of the phone to what it is supposed to be as per the last change to the Presence Profile. So if it is put into DND and then the server is reset then it puts the phone into DND and Removes them from any UCD Hunt Groups when the server comes back up. If I try to make another change to the Presence Profile it is ignored until another reset.

Mitel and Xarios haven't found the problem nor have they ever seen the problem before! I have gone over all the basic steps to verify that it is setup correctly with both Mitel and Xarios.

MCS: Version 4.3.13
Server: Virtual MS Server 2012 R2
Client License: Outlook

1. Licensed for OAI and 3rd party OAI
2. Turned on Level 2 OAI
3. Verified OAI Password
4. Verified creation of Users for the phones of the users with phone manager.
5. Reset the Server
6. Reinstalled the clients

I figured out would send this out to the community and see what comes back.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mismaili

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Phone Manager Client: Doesn't update phone with Presence changes
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »
I have a different, yet related issue- When users change there presence profile from in the office to out of the office, phone acts perfectly fine Diverting the hunt group calls. They come back from lunch / break , whatever, change there presence back to In the office, phone Accept Hunt group calls displays, and you think all is well, Yet They will not receive any UCD Hunt group calls, Phone doesn't ring. There Not using ACD.

Now the clincher is if someone calls the phone ext. xxx, either by IC or directly off the Auto Attendant  It will "awake / liven the phone" and now hunt group calls start ringing.  Xarios advised v5.0 needed to be upgraded. Upgraded to 5.1.8, didnt' work, was told to upgrade to 5.1.9, Also, didn't work. I found Outlook licenses, don't support UCD Hunt Groups but doesn't explain why its intermittent and not on all phones. Also, customer is going not going to like the notion that they need to buy Professional licenses.
Anyone have any thoughts.

Mismaili
CTComm.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10