Author Topic: Micollab Sync  (Read 2885 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Micollab Sync
« on: December 22, 2016, 02:26:13 PM »
MiVoivce Business 7.2  Micollab 7.2

We have had Micollab for awhile now and don't believe it was fully setup.  We would like our call operators to see a list of users via Micollab that is synced with the Mitel 3300.  With that, they would be able to transfer the call through there, including ring groups.  Is there a guide on how to do this?  We asked for this to be setup but not confident that it will happen quickly.

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Micollab Sync
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »
There are many pieces to this puzzle, and integration to MiCollab is done via SDS and there is an integrated mode that needs to be activated inside MiCollab (to link MiCollab Client to Users and Services, which syncs to 3300's which sync to MiCollab client, etc)... as far as Ring Groups go, they are not populated to MiCollab but you can make a dummy user with a Phantom device type that represents the group if you wish.

This is really something you should have vendor do, at least initially.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
With v6, to make the dummy user so that the MCD ring group could be made to appear in (and be diallable from) the MiCollab Client Corporate Directory, I have to temporarily break the Sync between MiCollab and the MCD, create the Dummy user on the MiCollab, then re-engage the Sync.
Even then, the dummy entry appears with presence information greyed-out, so users constantly complain that the Group looks like it is unavailable.

I wonder if things are better in v7? I haven't played with this aspect of MiCOllab in v7 yet.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »
Update on this:

We reached out to the vendor to have this setup.  The goal is to be able to add/edit/delete an extension on the 3300 OR Micollab and the sync happens on both ends.  Quick and easy.  Extension 123 is in the phone system and setup for Jane Doe.  Jane Doe leaves and Mike Smith starts.  Go into PBX or Micollab, edit name, reset passcode to voicemail, update voicemail to email address.  Syncs on both ends....done.  Can this be done?  A note that our Micollab authenticates to our AD on our Domain Controller...Because of that, the phone vendor is saying the whole process above is not easy.  He has setup all these workaround steps that make the process complicated. 

They setup the flow provisioning yesterday and this is the update that I got:

Now with flow through provisioning, you CANNOT have multiple names associated with an extension.  Also if you are giving a new user the MiCollab client and utilization of his/ her Ad credentials. Like have shown in the past, you will need to delete the current person out of the user and service in MiCollab and then find this individual in the detained user section and rebuild from there.  When you delete a user out of user and services in MiCollab, it will then delete that user out of the PBX as well.  It works both ways.

Is this accurate?  Can we not change things for everything to work seamlessly and quick!?  Are there any guides of this in action out there?  Thanks for your time

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
Essentially, you need to use MiCollab to make any changes to users and extensions, and you only use the controller to make changes to ring groups and handset keys, etc..

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »
With AD, all users should be hot desk to make thing easier

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10