Author Topic: Forwarding  (Read 3006 times)

Offline venturecaptive

• View Profile
Forwarding
« on: December 21, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »
I'm sorry if this appears to be a silly question but I'm a newbie. I have a 5330e phone and it is not set to forward yet when someone calls from the outside world it gets forwarded t someone else's extension. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 05:28:24 PM »
I think maybe it's not actually FORWARDING.  Easy test: call the destination extension, watch the display of the ext call is actually going to...does it say "Fwd From <other ext>"?  If not, it isn't forwarding.  Maybe instead call is being directed to the other extension by a wrong entry in the DID routing table?  That's in SYSTEM/TRUNK RELATED INFO/CALL ROUTING TABLES.  This is what directs a specific outside number to a specific phone.

If it really is forwarding you'd see that either on the original phone's display on a manual forward or in SYSTEM/DEVICES/PHONES/<EXT>/FORWARDING PATHS if it's using system forwarding.

Offline venturecaptive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
First of all I want to thank you for taking your time to help me with this problem. I did what you suggested which was from my mobile phone I called my DID number. On the display that the calls are getting forwarded to it has the following:
At the very top of the display it has my mobile number, under that it has my name and under that it has “Forward Call”

Another thing I tried was to forward the phone to another extension or to voicemail. I did this to see if it would not keep forwarding to the other persons (my boss) extension but when I tried to do that the display on my phone said “The activation of your call forwarding profile failed.”

So I went under “Users and Devices” and “Advanced Configuration” and “Call forwarding profile” and deleted my entry. In the entry that I deleted was not the phone that calls are getting forwarded to. Deleting is entry did not fix it. Now when I go to Call Forward and edit or activate it the message I get is still “The activation of your call forwarding profile failed.”

Thanks in advance for your help. I hate being a newbie but someday I will be helping other newbies.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »
Venturecaptive,

If you are going to Users and Devices then the system you have is a Mitel MCD 3300 not an Mitel 5000/MiVO-250. Basically you are in the wrong part of the forum. I am moving this to the correct forum.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 02:59:18 PM »
First of all I want to thank you for taking your time to help me with this problem. I did what you suggested which was from my mobile phone I called my DID number. On the display that the calls are getting forwarded to it has the following:
At the very top of the display it has my mobile number, under that it has my name and under that it has “Forward Call”

Another thing I tried was to forward the phone to another extension or to voicemail. I did this to see if it would not keep forwarding to the other persons (my boss) extension but when I tried to do that the display on my phone said “The activation of your call forwarding profile failed.”

So I went under “Users and Devices” and “Advanced Configuration” and “Call forwarding profile” and deleted my entry. In the entry that I deleted was not the phone that calls are getting forwarded to. Deleting is entry did not fix it. Now when I go to Call Forward and edit or activate it the message I get is still “The activation of your call forwarding profile failed.”

Thanks in advance for your help. I hate being a newbie but someday I will be helping other newbies.

I have seen "the activation of your call forwarding profile failed" when the options under "HCI" in your Class of Service are set to "No". If they are already set to "Yes" I have also seen it be resolved by changing those options to "No," saving and letting it sync, then back to "Yes" and save again.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 05:51:14 PM »
My first step for this kind of thing is to get onto the MCD "Maintenance Commands" and run a "locate feature extensions nnnn".

This will tell you whether there is any Call Forward active.

If not, then I would check the DID form to make sure that the full dialled number is being sent to the correct extension.

Assuming the DID form is OK, I would then check Call Rerouting to see what is configured there for the extension.

Finally, I wouldn't necessarily take at face value that the call is being "forwarded" - maybe both phones are in the same ring group? Maybe the other phone has a line presence for the first phone?

I would also want to know if the users were using MiCollab at all. If so, I would also check the MDUG form to understand what was in there for this extension.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10