Author Topic: MiVoice Business Voice Quality Statistics  (Read 1767 times)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
MiVoice Business Voice Quality Statistics
« on: December 21, 2016, 02:46:55 PM »
Hi Everyone.  I've been using the voice quality statistics on the MiVoice Business release 6.0 but am questioning its accuracy.

For example, an extension shows 18 packet loss on a call to another IP set (same MCD) with codec G.722.  On the same extension, there is no packet loss on a G.729 call via XNET trunking.

Do you guys use this tool for troubleshooting, and do you find it reliable? Can you recommend another tool to monitor voice quality?

Thanks for your input.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MiVoice Business Voice Quality Statistics
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 03:12:41 PM »
I have never found an issue with it... But Mitel does have a Voice Quality Analyzer software software that is quite detailed, it's on their website.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 04:17:47 PM »
Hi Everyone.  I've been using the voice quality statistics on the MiVoice Business release 6.0 but am questioning its accuracy.

For example, an extension shows 18 packet loss on a call to another IP set (same MCD) with codec G.722.  On the same extension, there is no packet loss on a G.729 call via XNET trunking.

Do you guys use this tool for troubleshooting, and do you find it reliable? Can you recommend another tool to monitor voice quality?

Thanks for your input.

18 packets isn't very much and probably occurred at the very start or the very end of the call rather than being an indication of any voice quality issues.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 04:25:26 PM »
Thanks for your reply. 

@ acejavelin, just to be sure, are you talking about the Mitel IP Phone Analyzer?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 10:22:55 PM »
Thanks for your reply. 

@ acejavelin, just to be sure, are you talking about the Mitel IP Phone Analyzer?
Yeah, I think that's it... You have to change your DHCP scope options to include the parameter that sends call stats to the server running the software.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10