Author Topic: Issue with vMCD and Lync 2013  (Read 1057 times)

Offline MNROADM

• View Profile
Issue with vMCD and Lync 2013
« on: December 19, 2016, 12:50:32 PM »
I am in need of help.  We currently are running a vMCD version 6 SP2 and our PRIs are located on a 3300 running the same version.  We have setup Lync for IM and conferencing and when you call the internal extension (4510) everything works fine.  It is also a known DID but when we call it from the outside it gives back an error message saying the number is no longer in service.  I am new to SIP trunking and I was wondering if I needed to put a SIP trunk in the ICP 3300 or will the number route from the PRI gateways to the vMCD to find it path.

Thanks!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with vMCD and Lync 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 08:07:43 AM »
The number should route just fine from the PRI.
The message you're getting is usually because the number being sent to you from the PRI doesn't match anything in the system.
You can try checking your SMDR logs or Turn on CCS traces to be sure you're getting something from the PRI.

Ralph

Offline MNROADM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »
Ralph,

Thanks for you reply.  I will look at the logs.  I don't know if this helps but if I turn that extension into a ring group with my phone as a member the DID will respond from the outside and it rings.

Offline MNROADM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 01:23:11 PM »
Ralph,

I verified the SMDR messages and I am receiving something from our PRI when I call that number.  It seems like the gateway doesnt know what to do with the number because it is not listed in the telephone directory.  It is just in our ARS list.  I know I am missing something I am just not sure where to look.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »
Does the number you're seeing in the smdr record match the extension you're trying to send it to?

Ralph

Offline MNROADM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 09:11:41 AM »
Yes it does.  I changed it so that the 4510 is a speed call for the system and then sent that to another extension.  Seems to be working now.  Thanks for your help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10