Author Topic: Using extension like a house phone  (Read 1163 times)

Offline jchristman2002

• View Profile
Using extension like a house phone
« on: December 15, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
Is there a way to make a SIP extension function like a house phone where it will automatically go to the trunk.   

All of my SL ports are taken up so I want to use an ATA for the fax machine and would really like to avoid reprogramming 180 fax numbers for the 8,  :-)

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Using extension like a house phone
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
Don't think it's possible on SIP stations, doesn't show up as option in programming.  And even if you could, I think fax over SIP is not supported at all on 5000 so it might be pretty unreliable.  I assume you're running IP phones (if digital, there's actually a digital to analog adapter you can still find on secondary market, called Single Line adapter).  If all the module bays on main chassis are full, nowhere for another Single Line Module-4, you could add a DEI chassis and more SLM-8 there. 

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 10:01:02 PM »
Don't use the Mitel 5000 to insert the 8, in your SIP device's dial plan, program it to insert an 8 automatically

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »
Depending on the number of analog ports you currently have in service, and how many more you may grow into, there is another option for adding analog ports.

The Adtran Total Access 624 IAD will give you 24 analog ports using a T1 interface to the HX-5000. So, using one port of a T1 card, you can connect 24 analog devices without adding a DEI or messing around with SL adapters.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 02:30:34 PM »
DND ON,

Actually that is a good idea and we have done this before with other channel banks, but don't forget that you can set it up as an E1 and get 32 channels instead of 24.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10