Author Topic: Changing hold music - Inter-hold by Intertel Digital Message Repeater  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
We are looking to change the hold music that plays and no one has done this before. It would appear that the Inter-hold by Intertel Digital Message Repeater device in the phone room is the obvious choice, with it's straightforward eject tape button. However, I figured I'd ask, as apparently finding any info online on this device is quite difficult.

Is this the device that likely handles our hold messages? Can I just press Eject and swap tapes and call it a day? Do I need to power off the device first or anything else?

Thanks.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Changing hold music - Inter-hold by Intertel Digital Message Repeater
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:27:16 PM »
If the MOH device is one that uses a tape you should be able to just eject the tape and load a new one.  The device will play back the new tape and record it into digital memory.  But note that some devices, depending on vintage, will use "leaderless" tapes (tapes without the clear or white blank tape at the end).  If that's the case you may get some dead air on your digital recording each time it repeats...if so, you can create your own leaderless tape by opening one up and cutting off the leader.

Or leap into the 21st century and buy one that plays WAV or MP3 native.  You also can get a license on the 5000 to use file-based MOH without any external device, it just loads on the PBX.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10