Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Configure Analog Line  (Read 4322 times)

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Configure Analog Line
« on: December 01, 2016, 12:25:40 PM »
Hey guys,

On the back of my Mitel 5000 on Bay 4 we have 'Ports 1-2' and 'Ports 3-4' (pic attached).  We had a tech come out and he was able to split the lines on 'Port 1-2' so we could get two of our analog phones working (we now have working analog phone numbers for both lines ie. 212-555-1212 and 212-555-2222).  I would like to do the same thing on 'Port 3-4'.  I using a rj-11 splitter and it seems to work.  I get a dial tone and I can send a fax outbound. However I can't see which phone number it's using/coming from.  How do I configure this?  We do have extra at&t analog lines that we are paying for and can use.  Do I have to manually configure this in the the Mitel 5000 somewhere?

Patrick

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Configure Analog Line
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 12:58:50 PM »
There are two things to consider here.  One is analog STATIONS (PBX provides dial tone) and the other is analog LINES (connects to carrier, carrier provides dial tome).  Sounds like the card you're dealing with is a STATION card, should say SLM-4.  If that's correct each station port will have an extension...call a display phone and you'll see the extension number.  This has absolutely nothing to do with AT&T LINES.  Lines are connected to LSM PORTS on the chassis or LSM modules, and the outside number associated with each line is the number from AT&T on the wall.  Connect AT&Ts 555-123-4567 to LSM port 4 and that will be the outside number for that physical connection.  That connection may need to be enabled in the SYSTEM/CONTROLLER/LOOP START PORTS or SYSTEM/CONTROLLER/BAY __ section of programming if it's not already

Now if you want that particular line to ring to a particular extension you'll need to get into database programming.  Put that LINE into a CO TRUNK GROUP or create a new one, depending on whether you want it to ring same location as others or a new location.  Specify the ring destination in the CO TRUNK GROUP.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:53:30 PM »
That's not an "RJ-11 splitter", those are RJ-14 ports.

If the technician comes back, ask him to complete the installation and properly ground the chassis.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:14:47 PM »

If the technician comes back, ask him to complete the installation and properly ground the chassis.
Uh oh... Shots are fired!!!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »

Not really, just timing.

I just spent two days in the field on a new installation. I worked with the manager to get a good handle on the office workflow and designed a solution to improve efficiency with the proper application of technology.

We inherited an MDF that was puking wires, and cleaned it up. We provided structured training to make sure everyone knew how to use their phones, and then returned a second day to reinforce the lessons and resolve any issues.

You know - competent, professional telephone service.

I then opened the forum to read about “RJ-11 splitters” and view a photo of a crappy installation. The glaring comparison of what this industry should be, then the reality of what it really is, was too much for me to take.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 03:20:01 PM »

Not really, just timing.

I just spent two days in the field on a new installation. I worked with the manager to get a good handle on the office workflow and designed a solution to improve efficiency with the proper application of technology.

We inherited an MDF that was puking wires, and cleaned it up. We provided structured training to make sure everyone knew how to use their phones, and then returned a second day to reinforce the lessons and resolve any issues.

You know - competent, professional telephone service.

I then opened the forum to read about “RJ-11 splitters” and view a photo of a crappy installation. The glaring comparison of what this industry should be, then the reality of what it really is, was too much for me to take.

LOL... I meant the grounding... That's a big deal I push on techs, but when I switched companies a little over a year ago grounding was something they never considered important on phone systems.

Kind of a sore spot with me, there's a whole story to go with it too but it isn't very interesting. But when I read your sentence about "properly ground the chassis" seemed like a bit of a dig, and I'm OK with that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10