Author Topic: Lesson learned (hopefully) with MiCW today  (Read 1066 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Lesson learned (hopefully) with MiCW today
« on: November 22, 2016, 10:07:33 PM »
So today I was prepping a new deployment... vMiCollab, vMCD, and a vMBG in a cloud deployment in a data center with all phones offsite, using the latest versions that came out a couple weeks ago.

Brought the servers online (which took a couple of days, the IT support team is out of Ireland and we have no access to the hardware), baseline network configuration and licensing all went fine... then built the configuration with MiCW and verified everything was correct and pushed it in. Went well through the MCD portion, everything built properly, then it moved to MiCollab, and it went fast... WAY too fast and errored out with 125 users not built. So I log into MCD, everything looks good, log into MiCollab and still getting Integration error (my first red flag, should have noticed this before), so I look and no Users and service, no problem, I just jump over to the MCD and do a Start Sharing on the MiCollab element (bad idea BTW). Try to run Integration Wizard and it fails, saying PBX type not set (duh, smack myself) and sharing is active, uh oh, I know that's bad. So I set the PBX type in Installed Applications, and try to integrate and it fails... Time to open a ticket.

Get support on the phone, tech stops the sharing manually and runs integration... it builds duplicates of every user, after all, I had already sync'd the PBX. No problem, delete all users and run integration again, looks good but no MiCollab Client service, login name, etc. and you can't edit it because the account already exists. Long story short, I now have to redeploy MiCollab, and rebuild by hand. Not the worst thing in world but not very fun either right before the holiday and I am supposed to cut next week.

To be fair, this is only the second full blown MiCollab I have done by myself, the first one was a MiVB Express and was pretty easy, and only the fourth I've been involved in the last year, so I really don't have much experience deploying these from the ground up.

Moral of the story... Set your PBX type and Integrate BEFORE you start sharing to the PBX, in the new software releases it's a one time shot and can't be re-run even by tech support. Oh, and don't hesitate to call support... if I would have called an hour earlier instead of trying to muck with it myself, probably would have been OK and been testing sets and SIP trunking tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:10:43 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10