Author Topic: Voicemail to Email  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Suavie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail to Email
« on: November 22, 2016, 02:09:29 PM »
We have a customer that uses Penn TeleData for their email. When trying to get SMTP server information from Penn TeleData, they pretty much told me that we would have to use our SMTP server or get an email through them. So I went ahead and entered our email server. Knowing that when we used a MiVoice Office 250 it worked fine. I set up everything the same as we had it on our 250 and it still wont work. Unfortunately we switched to a 3300, so I can no longer test it on our pbx. So tried everything I could think of to getting it to work. I did everything from using ports 25, 2525, 587 with smtp.us.exg... for the smtp server. Ping the SMTP servers. I'm at a lost as to why it's not working. Attached is the setup and the log files:

Offline BB30

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail to Email
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:17:51 PM »
Did some searching, looks like their smtp server is promail.ptd.net.  I might be wrong but checking that with mxtools, it returned solid information.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:25:25 PM »
In instances like this where A) the customer has no email server, and B) their "normal" email provider is unwilling/unable to relay email, there are two solutions...

1) Go to their ISP like Comcast, Midcontinent, CenturyLink, or whoever, and get a standard email account. Most will allow relay of SMTP if it's from their own customers if the connection is from within their own ISP network. Most ISP's will give you 5-10 email accounts for free on a business account.

or 2) Download a MSL release from Mitel Online, either standard or virtual, and deploy it at the customer site, and do NOT license it. It is a full blown email server itself. Give it a static IP address and allow email injections from trusted networks, very basic config is all that is needed and no AMC connection. I have even used an old Windows Vista PC the customer had and dropped MSL8 on it (which will run on most hardware, doesn't need to be a server). Word of warning though, if your customer is "cheating" and using a residential Internet connection, this could cause them to get red flagged by their ISP and require them to upgrade to a business account.

Both work, depending on your situation. You can also use a standard Gmail account, I haven't done it personally, but a few techs have mentioned they have used this method on the 5000.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:47:18 AM »
Suavie,

What does the customer's domain.suffix for email? is it ptd.net? If that is the case then just have the customer request an email account for voice mail or just use the contacts email address and see if that works.

Your error logs are showing an issue with the relay.appriver.com which is not an open relay according to MXTools.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10