Author Topic: Turn on Message Light  (Read 6078 times)

Offline eia

• View Profile
Turn on Message Light
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »
It appears some phones are not showing the blinking light when a message is left.
I was looking at the settings under VOICE PROCESSOR -> DEVICES->MAILBOXES->LOCAL->EXTENSION # -> PRIMARY MESSAGE NOTIFICATION has a big red X on the icon? (screenshot) How can I verify that the message light is enabled for voice mail messages left?
Thanks!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Turn on Message Light
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:07:08 PM »
PRIMARY MESSAGE NOTIFICATION is the feature that calls your cell and says you have a message, asks for your pass, and plays the message.

The lamp that lights is determined by the MESSAGE NOTIFICATION PHONE field.  By default, it's the associated station phone...can't be changed.  For non-associated mailboxes (hunt groups etc.) you can put a number in this field.  Are these Mitel digital or IP phones?  Message lamp won't work for analog devices.  Do you find the messages in the mailbox?  If E-MAIL SYNCHRONIZATION is set to FORWARD ONLY the messages aren't stored on PBX at all.

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »
Ok, I see that option you mentioned is hard coded. These are digital phones, model 8560 series.
The email sync was set to "forward & copy". I tried setting it to disabled but the light still does not blink when a message is left. I tried a different phone and it also did not work so i'm not sure what is causing it. Is there a reset I can do like delete and recreate the mailbox or something? Would I see anything in any logs that might indicate what's wrong?
Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:07:06 PM »
I have seen this a few times over the years... After checking the obvious things and a power cycle reboot, I would generate a new keymap for the set type and move a phone to it. Clear all messages and leave a new one. You should be able to see in the avdap log if the system is getting the information and attempting to turn on the MWI light.

Couple times I have had to contact tech support, a little testing and they usually tweak something under the hood and get it working. I can't remember what, it has been 5+ years since I have had to go this far.

Offline TheQueen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 12:32:49 PM »
If the code under the message button has been changed from the default (365) to something else (such as Message Retrieve), the message light will NOT flash. This is specific to digital phones. I have had a ticket open with Mitel for 2 years on this issue. Don't hold your breath for them to fix it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10