Author Topic: 2-in-1 Wireless Bridge with POE Injector?  (Read 2966 times)

Offline browlry

• View Profile
2-in-1 Wireless Bridge with POE Injector?
« on: October 10, 2016, 03:06:53 PM »
What's the best setup for a home user with a desk phone, but no Ethernet near his workstation? I would love to see see a wireless bridge with a built-in POE injector as discussed in this thread, but after hours of research I'm pretty confident this doesn't exist. Has anyone found something like this?

It sounds like the next-best thing is to get a Powerline AV200 bridge with a built-in POE injector, which does exist:
Ebay: Powerline Ethernet adapter with POE injector for IP Camera in one case
Ebay: Comtrend Powergrid 9141s-poe Powerline Network Adapter

Has anyone tried a Powerline bridge with a Mitel desk phone? How is the call quality?

Are there better options to get an Ethernet connection to a remote user who won't be close to their router?

We're using the 5320e, 5330e, and 5340e phones with MiCloud.

We did try plugging the phone into the Ethernet port on the user's computer and configuring the computer as a wireless bridge. This works, but only when the laptop is on. We would like to have a connection that is independent of the user's computer.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:11:43 PM by browlry »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2-in-1 Wireless Bridge with POE Injector?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
Run a cable. Cheapest, easiest, most reliable connection.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 03:42:13 AM »
One is being released very soon with the release of the new 69xx handset range. (although the 69xx handset range is only available on MCD to start with)

Here is the attached snippet.

Offline browlry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:18:20 PM »
Sarond, the MTL-300AN is a great find. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

If anyone is interested, I purchased the Powerline Ethernet adapter from COP-Systems to try it out, and was very pleased. The setup was very easy (plug the adapters in and push a button on each one), and the connection was better quality than the wireless connection anyway. This ended up costing $75: $60 for the PoE powerline adapter, and $15 for the TP-Link AV200 non-PoE powerline adapter. Running a new Ethernet drop would have cost about $100, so this was cheaper, and more practical for a remote user in a home office.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10