Author Topic: Cannot Automate Contact Center Client install due to Chocolatey problems  (Read 5710 times)

Offline iggypops

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi all,
First of all, let me just say I am surprised and disappointed that Mitel have not provided an MSI package for Contact Center v8.0 client. This is not some freebie tool from but an enterprise software.
On top of this, we are having all sorts of problems with the client.
We can assume the install can be achieved using below command as an example:
setup.exe /silent /enterpriseip="<server ip>"  /features=Ignite,ContactCenterClient,FlexibleReporting,ContactCenterSoftphone,MivoiceBorderGatewayConnector,SalesforceConnector /workflow="Client Component Pack.deploy"

Install failed on following exception:
'Error caught in task: Deploying Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable' exception.
he install of vcredist2010 was NOT successful.  B4F99488F53C2B676610DFE9868984C779536891A8D8F73EE 214BC4B' for checksum type. Error while running 'c:\programdata\chocolatey\lib\vcredist2010\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'. See log for details.  e 'md5'.

Only way to fix individual install to continue is to run following powershell commands before re-attempting setup while it is running:
  • cup chocolatey --force
    choco feature enable -n allowemptychecksums

On top of this, we also have two Windows 7 machines where even after "Successful" install of CC client, Setup installs only shortcuts in Start Menu do not point to any executables and if I run Setup again, it says it is not installed and I try the same process on these two machines and again, only shortcuts are installed.

So, my questions are:
1. Does Mitel provide an MSI package for contact center version 8? (It did for previous versions).
2. If not, does anyone have a workaround or instruction how to be able to silently install Contact Center client without all these problems?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Automate Contact Center Client install due to Chocolatey problems
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 10:38:03 PM »
The issue has been fixed in a later release regarding the 'Error caught in task: Deploying Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable' exception.

Engage Mitel for the most up to date version.

Offline ferventcoder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 02:14:21 PM »
You need to upgrade your version of Chocolatey. You are using a very old version of Chocolatey that doesn't recognize a SHA256 checksum (it thinks it is an MD5 checksum because it is not sha1).

HTH

Offline happer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »
This issue is fixed in 8.1.0.0 load.
If you are unable to install the 8.1.0.0 load then you can eliminate your problem with the clients you are describing by following the updated kb article
http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle52481.aspx (pay special attention to the section talking about the Client Component Pack.  This will solve your first issue with the vs 2010 resdist error.

In regards to MSI's. No Mitel does not produce an MSI anymore.  You can do everything with a simple exe that you can do with bloated installshield technology.

The command:
setup.exe /silent /enterpriseip="<server ip>"  /features=Ignite,ContactCenterClient,FlexibleReporting,ContactCenterSoftphone,MivoiceBorderGatewayConnector,SalesforceConnector /workflow="Client Component Pack.deploy"

should work (assuming you replaced the server IP of course) as I tested it and it worked fine for me on a Win 7 image.
Here is an excellent kb article to help you with any options you might have questions about http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle52335.aspx
Cheers!

Offline iggypops

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 01:57:45 AM »
Thanks for advise happer.
I tried the 8.1 installer for client component pack from the support vendor.
It results in the same problem.
The following workaround you linked to http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle52481.aspx  still needs to be done PER INSTALLATION. I tried this on a new Windows 8 image not joined to domain as well.

1. Leave the MiCC Installer Open.
2. Open a command prompt As Admin.
3. Run the following command:  cup chocolatey --force
4. Run the following command:  choco feature enable -n allowemptychecksums
5. Click Retry on the MiCC Installer.

I think I may resort to just paying the Mitel support partner to come in and install this bug-ridden program for us.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 04:22:37 AM »
Did you get the latest load of software for this? I don't believe it is supposed to have the issue.
MiCC.8100.20160627.2.EXE

Offline happer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 02:46:24 PM »

Sounds like you may have forgot to re-run the RedisPacker after you did the manual steps 3 and 4 you listed in your reply.
If you don't re-run the redisPacker then it won't rebuild CCP and you will be running the CCP with the issue present.
Rebuilding this will give you a good CCP so that you won' t have the issue on every box.
Here are the steps I'm referring to.
Sarond is correct that this was fixed in the 8.1 load and re-posted so you won't see this

5. Browse to the CCM\PFInstaller folder in a command prompt and run "Micc.RedistPacker.exe /repackCCP" (without quotes).
     NOTE: The Command prompt will go to the next line immediately.  The MiCC.RedisPacker process can take up to 30 minutes to complete.  It will be visible in your system tray, and task manager until done.
6. This will fix the CCP, and installation on clients that download the CCP going forward should not experience this issue.

Offline rpasca

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 10:39:42 AM »
Not sure if you still need this, but posting it for future info:

We were unable to upgrade to the latest hotfix, but this workaround I found works ok:

- navigate to the CCC installer folder -> prereqs -> right click on offlinechocolatey.ps1 > run as administrator
- open an admin command prompt -> choco upgrade chocolatey --force-> accept install
- restart shell as admin
- run choco feature enable -n allowemptychecksums

Now you should be able to install without any errors.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10