Author Topic: Personal Preferred SIP Providers  (Read 1200 times)

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
Personal Preferred SIP Providers
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »
Not sure if this is something we can discuss, but does anyone have preferred accredited SIP providers that they would share?  We are having trouble finding ones that work here in northern MN/ND.  Seems like some of the national companies don't like to play nice with the tiny telecoms that they run into in the rural areas, so calls just aren't put through.  Conversely, any providers that you don't personally recommend? 
Thanks!

Trenton

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Personal Preferred SIP Providers
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 07:28:38 PM »
Not sure if this is something we can discuss, but does anyone have preferred accredited SIP providers that they would share?  We are having trouble finding ones that work here in northern MN/ND.  Seems like some of the national companies don't like to play nice with the tiny telecoms that they run into in the rural areas, so calls just aren't put through.  Conversely, any providers that you don't personally recommend? 
Thanks!

Trenton
We used Clearfly Communications out of Montana (Operations and support are out of Billings, the "corporate" office is in SF) when I worked in south central North Dakota... Never have any problems with rural telcos with little installations (like under 4-5 CCS), but in many instances in rural areas we had to install a separate internet connection for anything of any size.

My opinion the problem isn't with the SIP providers, it is with the rural telco/ISP's uplink to the "outside world"... I have seen some small telcos that have less bandwidth for their uplink than I have in my house, and although their internal networks can be very robust, the uplinks seem to be the downfall in most cases. And 90% of the people in rural telcos don't even know what a PRI is. :/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:46:50 PM by acejavelin »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Preferred SIP Providers
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 07:35:09 PM »
Not sure if this is something we can discuss, but does anyone have preferred accredited SIP providers that they would share?

These types of discussions are encouraged.   I wouldn't want to see anybody slammed but if there is a preference and/or have had good experience with providers it would be good to know.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10