Author Topic: Remote Desktop using Secure Telnet Client Arrow key doesn't work?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Anyone know why when I remote desktop into the server and I run the secure telnet client. I was able to login and see the menu screen. But the arrow key doesn't work. All I can do is just type in the value and hit enter. All the rest of the command doesn't work.

If I do not remote desktop into the server and use the secure telnet client. the arrow key work. Anything I need to do on the remote desktop setting?

Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Desktop using Secure Telnet Client Arrow key doesn't work?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 09:37:17 PM »
You will find that most here use putty in raw mode instead of the secure telnet client, due to its ability to do much more. If you choose to try, you need both options at the bottom of the terminal settings to be force off for the esc key to work correctly

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 01:56:54 AM »
You will find that most here use putty in raw mode instead of the secure telnet client, due to its ability to do much more. If you choose to try, you need both options at the bottom of the terminal settings to be force off for the esc key to work correctly

tried putty in raw mode and i was able to login, but it is hard to read. alot of x in front of everything. and I was not able to move my arrow key.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 02:05:40 AM by aboyz »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »

tried putty in raw mode and i was able to login, but it is hard to read. alot of x in front of everything. and I was not able to move my arrow key.
Change the font to Terminal in Windows-Appearance and it should be better.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 08:37:41 PM »
I usually change my translation to Win1252 (Western) instead of utf-8

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »
I usually change my translation to Win1252 (Western) instead of utf-8

Changed font to Terminal and changed translation to win1252. The screen looks normal now. But My arrow key is not working when I press arrow down. it give me this crazy character. [ or something.

Anyone know how to get my arrow key working?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10