Author Topic: 5212 Phone cannot register with SX-200?  (Read 4069 times)

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
5212 Phone cannot register with SX-200?
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:29:15 AM »
Hi,

Anyone know why I cannot register a phone to the system? when I plug in the phone into the lan switch on the sx-200 it grabbed a DHCP and assigned an IP to the phone. I logged into the CDE and under DHCP I do see the mac address in there. So it is doing what it suppose to do.
I then went under form 9 to see a list of extension. I see extension 200,201,202,203,204 all with type 5212 phone.

So now when i boot up the phone it is at the prompt Press Superkey to send PIN. So what I did was enter ***201 superkey. It doesn't register. Anyone know why? On another client running sx-200 work just fine.

Am I missing anything? Please advise on how to troubleshoot this.

thanks

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 5212 Phone cannot register with SX-200?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 02:48:11 AM »
Ok I press the * key while power on the phone and it did a ERASE PIN. so it rebooted and picked up DHCP and now its just sitting on the
Waiting for COMMS...
ICP 192.168.1.2

192.168.1.2 is the SX-200 where I telnet in.

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
Ok I press the * key while power on the phone and it did a ERASE PIN. so it rebooted and picked up DHCP and now its just sitting on the
Waiting for COMMS...
ICP 192.168.1.2

Thanks
Look in form 9 and make sure the MAC address is correct, if not, remove it. You can only register a MAC to an extension if that extension has no MAC associated with it.

Also, you could try enabling (programming the FAC for) the Set Replacement Code the default is ###

Then try to do a Set Replace (not register) with ###201<SUPERKEY>

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 07:21:14 PM »
Waiting for COMMS...
ICP 192.168.1.2

Thanks
Look in form 9 and make sure the MAC address is correct, if not, remove it. You can only register a MAC to an extension if that extension has no MAC associated with it.

Also, you could try enabling (programming the FAC for) the Set Replacement Code the default is ###

Then try to do a Set Replace (not register) with ###201<SUPERKEY>

Thank you so much for answering.

I'm in form 9 and I do not see where to look for the MAC address. Regardless of that. I tried on the phone ###201<SUPERKEY> and it does nothing.

I mean as long as you have a extension under form 9 and DHCP enable with option 25. The phone should be able to register correct? It should be easy. Anything else I should be looking for?

Attached is the form 9 and form 47 DHCP lease.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 07:32:36 PM »
In form 9 press F5-More until you see the MAC address... Remove it.

You have to enable set replacement... Look in the docs.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »
In form 9 press F5-More until you see the MAC address... Remove it.

You have to enable set replacement... Look in the docs.

I have removed the MAC address it is all set to 000000000000

Something is not working correctly. I mean regardless of the MAC address, If I have a new phone and press ###201<superkey> that should replace extension 201 with this new phone and mac address. I have done this with another system and it work fine. I think some setup is not working correctly.

Attached is the MAC address.

Anything else to try?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
Are any of the phones working?!?! All of them have a nul MAC address...

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 01:02:54 AM »
Are any of the phones working?!?! All of them have a nul MAC address...

Nope. none of the phone are working.. Well, I removed all the MAC address so it went to 000000000000. I mean by default when you plug in a phone you can register it to an extension. Something is wrong with this ICP. I don't know what it is but something is not configure correctly.

Do you know where to look to make sure all the setting is correct?

Thanks

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 01:33:48 AM »
Is there a way to set everything back to default and start all over? what are the step to do that?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »
Did you verify the Set Registration Code is set? It sounds like your entering the wrong code then...

And no... There is no "default" on the sx200.

Seriously though, I have built and installed literally hundreds of these systems... You are missing something simple. Are you sure you have your DHCP option setup correctly? Are you connecting to a your test bench network and their is already an option 43/125/128+ setup or is there another device at 192.168.1.2? Is the Set Registration & Replacement code set right in System Options? Do you have licenses available?

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:36:58 AM by acejavelin »

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »
Did you verify the Set Registration Code is set? It sounds like your entering the wrong code then...

Seriously though, I have built and installed literally hundreds of these systems... You are missing something simple. Are you sure you have your DHCP option setup correctly? Are you connecting to a your test bench network and their is already an option 43/125/128+ setup or is there another device at 192.168.1.2? Is the Set Registration & Replacement code set right in System Options? Do you have licenses available?

Yeah, I know I'm missing something really simple. But I just can't figure it out. I believe my DHCP is setup correctly. Attached is the option that it was setup. Also under System option I cannot find set registration or replacement code. Attached is the show PIN code. On the phone I have power it on while holding the * key to clear the pin code. But still cannot register.

Please let me know what other stuff to check.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 12:06:40 AM »

Yeah, I know I'm missing something really simple. But I just can't figure it out. I believe my DHCP is setup correctly. Attached is the option that it was setup. Also under System option I cannot find set registration or replacement code. Attached is the show PIN code. On the phone I have power it on while holding the * key to clear the pin code. But still cannot register.

Form 2 - Items 58 (***) and 59 (###) should be set
Form 4 - Option 114 - Verify you have enough licenses for your sets
Form 4 - Option 103 - Verify you have enough licenses for All devices
Form 9 - Remove MAC address from all sets
Form 9 - PIN - not relevant, thie PIN referred to here is for Set Locking, not registration.

All is dependent on Form 47 being correct...

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 12:42:35 AM »

Form 9 - PIN - not relevant, thie PIN referred to here is for Set Locking, not registration.

bingo!!!
Form 2 - Items 58 (***) and 59 (###) is set to
8** and 8##

I tried to change it to *** and it say Access Code *** conflicts with the Access C ode for FEATURE NUMBER 24

But I was able to register now with 8** . Thank you!!.
One last question on the form 9 I only see two type of phone
5212 and 5324. Is this the only two phone I can use?
How do I check what phone is compatible?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 12:45:38 AM »

bingo!!!
8** and 8##

I tried to change it to *** and it say Access Code *** conflicts with the Access C ode for FEATURE NUMBER 24

You can't change a set type after its programmed... Either go to an unused "port" or delete an existing extension and move the cursor to the type field, you will notice many more set types, just about all MiNet IP phones except the 5360 are supported.

You must set the type first because once any other field is set you can't change it.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:47:09 AM by acejavelin »

Offline aboyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 02:47:21 AM »

bingo!!!
8** and 8##

You can't change a set type after its programmed... Either go to an unused "port" or delete an existing extension and move the cursor to the type field, you will notice many more set types, just about all MiNet IP phones except the 5360 are supported.

You must set the type first because once any other field is set you can't change it.

Excellent!! worked like a charm!! you are the best!! I knew it was sometime simple. I'm glad you pointed me to the right direction on the registration. They used a
8** and 8##. By default it suppose to be *** and ###.

Thank you so much!! this saved me alot of time. I was researching it from google without any luck.  Have a wonderfuly weekend!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10