Author Topic: Arp error on 3300  (Read 3126 times)

Offline JK

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Arp error on 3300
« on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:00 AM »
monitoring a 3300 on boot up through the maint. port I saw this error pop up several times        0x3d8fec0 (tNetTask): arptnew failed on 0   Does anyone know what it actually means and how to fix the issue?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Arp error on 3300
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »
monitoring a 3300 on boot up through the maint. port I saw this error pop up several times        0x3d8fec0 (tNetTask): arptnew failed on 0   Does anyone know what it actually means and how to fix the issue?
Are you having a problem, or is it just the message that bothers you?

Offline arthur4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:00:20 AM »
I also having this problem, my 3300 always restart by itself, It takes an hours to reboot then this error message keep coming up.

Anyone know how do i solve this problem ?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »

I also having this problem, my 3300 always restart by itself, It takes an hours to reboot then this error message keep coming up.

Anyone know how do i solve this problem ?

The error is often not relevant... How long does boot take with the network cable unplugged, and how many IP phones? A large system could take an hour or so boot, depending on platform, network, number of IP devices, etc

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »

It's probably more of a curiosity than a problem, but if I was in your shoes I would be keen to solve the mystery.

Can you find anything in the logs showing it trying to resolve an IP address during bootup?

In the absence of this information, I would check:
 - the MCD IP addresses (controller, E2T and L2 switch addresses) - what are they?
 - MCD subnet mask and default GW - what are they?
 - MCD LAN port configuration - what VLAN? Tagged/untagged?
 - connected LAN switchport config - is there an extra VLAN here? What's the switchport config, exactly?
 - what DNS server(s) is/are configured on the controller?
 - scour the controller config and make a note of all hostnames and IP addresses that are configured (eg DNS, NTP, FTP, etc...).
 - Put a laptop on the same subnet as the controller and using the same DNS server as the controller resolve all hostnames to see what IP addresses are returned. Then check all the IP addresses to see if your IP network is properly designed or whether you have some mismatched subnet masks and/or overlaps.

At a guess, I would say your LAN has something funny in the way it is setup, eg you have two subnets on the same Layer2 segment and one of the devices your controller is trying to talk to has a smaller subnet mask than it should.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10