Author Topic: TDoS Warnings  (Read 2371 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
TDoS Warnings
« on: June 16, 2016, 09:12:15 AM »
It's been a while since I've last commented on TDoS (Telephony Denial of Service).
As techs, this is something we should be aware of.
I think we should also put our heads together to come up with a mitigation strategy in case we're hit.

Here's a recent article I've found regarding it.
TDoS Warning

Ralph

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TDoS Warnings
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:22:12 PM »
Ralph,
I used to work for a LEC that didn't allow for "Spoofing" of numbers on calls made from their switch. If the phone system you were programming on was to be the source of outbound caller ID, and if the tech either mistyped or "Spoofed" a caller ID outside of the range purchased and made a call, the outbound Caller ID would be rejected by the switch and automatically insert the main telephone number on the account. If more LEC's did this I think there would be far less issues with TDoS, as the risk for getting caught is increased. Is my two cent on it anyways.

-Iron

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Re: TDoS Warnings
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:33:27 PM »
Hey all- About 3 years ago, we were being hit with TDoS and scam callers. As the voice admin, I felt so hopeless as there was nothing I could do to stop these calls...ticket after ticket opened until I found a solution. It was not cheap, but it works. I brought in a Vendor from a company called Securelogix, they provide a TDM firewall it works on PRI, Analog and SIP trunks. We have 3 locations installed to date- Our houston office has 3 PRI's all protected and I can tell you that YTD we have succesfully blocked all unwanted calls. It is basically a Tbird type of device that listens on the line and applies checkpoint type firewall rules to the calls as they traverse in/out.  If anyone has any questions feel free to message me!! The best part about securelogix, they put the system in as a 90 day demo for no charge...it pretty much sold itself after that.

http://www.securelogix.com/tdos/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10