Author Topic: Mitel and Salesforce integration  (Read 4661 times)

Offline iggypops

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel and Salesforce integration
« on: May 24, 2016, 06:01:51 AM »
I have been tasked with integrating Salesforce and Mitel. I am new to both telephony and salesforce, apologies in advance.
I installed MitelĀ® MiVoice Integration for Salesforce R2  plugin on our sandbox SalesForce instance.

Where do I download CTI Browser integration plugins for user's Windows workstations?
Is only a Soft Phone available to use with SalesForce CTI Browser integration? Or can I use a handset phone? (Our users will not want to use soft phone).
Does Contact Server v7.1.3 windows server needs to have some Salesforce connector installed as well? Or is the interaction between Mitel and SalesForce is only at the client browser level?

thanks

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Mitel and Salesforce integration
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:56:20 PM »
Have you configured OIG for the integration on the Mitel side?

Offline iggypops

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 06:48:39 PM »
Yes. We have OIG Server, I think I have an idea how to configure it.
Under Available Applications, OIG server has "Mitel---MiVoice Integration for Salesforce"
Under licensing section i see:
  • Total Number of Licenses - Standard Call Control (User) Available: 0 users (0 monitors)
    Total Number of Licenses - Standard Call Control (User) Used: 0 users (0 monitors)
    Total Number of Licenses - Advanced Call Control (Server) Available: 25000 users (50000 monitors)
    Total Number of Licenses - Advanced Call Control (Server) Used: 0 users (0 monitors)
    MiVoice for Google Available: 5 users
    MiVoice for Google Used: 0 users
    MiVoice for Salesforce Available: 5 users
    MiVoice for Salesforce Used: 0 users
    Data Access Service Available: 10 users
    Data Access Service Used: 0 users
    Virtual Enablement: Yes
    MiVoice Integration: Yes
    Trusted Mode: No

I have a question:
Is above licensing enough to enable SalesForce on OIG server?
Do users who are to use SalesForce Integration plugin require also to be ACD agents on Contact Center?
As we have majority of our users not part of contact center but standard phone system extension users, can these standard users have SalesForce integration as well?

Offline richreeves

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »
Hi, iggypops!

Our office has also been looking for a way to connect Salesforce and Mitel for some time. We've searched through Google results (the reason how I found this thread) and we asked other companies/network for recommendations. But we settled with a 3rd party software.

So far, it has been great for us. Our favorite features are the caller ID (screen pop) that show relevant customer info and the call analytics dashboard that enables our teams to assess/tweak our performance.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:46:06 PM by richreeves »

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 08:55:00 AM »
Yes. We have OIG Server, I think I have an idea how to configure it.
Under Available Applications, OIG server has "Mitel---MiVoice Integration for Salesforce"
Under licensing section i see:
  • Total Number of Licenses - Standard Call Control (User) Available: 0 users (0 monitors)
    Total Number of Licenses - Standard Call Control (User) Used: 0 users (0 monitors)
    Total Number of Licenses - Advanced Call Control (Server) Available: 25000 users (50000 monitors)
    Total Number of Licenses - Advanced Call Control (Server) Used: 0 users (0 monitors)
    MiVoice for Google Available: 5 users
    MiVoice for Google Used: 0 users
    MiVoice for Salesforce Available: 5 users
    MiVoice for Salesforce Used: 0 users
    Data Access Service Available: 10 users
    Data Access Service Used: 0 users
    Virtual Enablement: Yes
    MiVoice Integration: Yes
    Trusted Mode: No

I have a question:
Is above licensing enough to enable SalesForce on OIG server?
Do users who are to use SalesForce Integration plugin require also to be ACD agents on Contact Center?
As we have majority of our users not part of contact center but standard phone system extension users, can these standard users have SalesForce integration as well?

yes licensing looks fine.

You need to download the plugin (which you've done) onto your SF system and configure a SF call center on SF. then configure the SF system with the correct details to "talk" to the OIG. I think you may need the IP for the PBX at this stage.

OIG must also be configured with SDS sharing between the PBX and itself.

It will work with a hard phone, not sure if it works with an embedded softphone on salesforce though.
As for the plugin, I think it is "enabled" once you have it installed on SF system. The plugin is actually just an iframe to the interface for MiVoice integrations.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10