Author Topic: Issues configuring Mitel 5320e IP Phone  (Read 3572 times)

Offline nbesteman2136

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Issues configuring Mitel 5320e IP Phone
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »
When commanding the Mitel 5320e to 'Restore Defaults', selecting SIP mode on reboot, but then not holding down the Menu key on the subsequent reboot, the phone receives an IP address, subnet mask, gateway, etc...but the VLAN and TFTP Server IP are inaccurate or blank. If I then, in the 'Change Network Parameters' menu, go to enter the VLAN (41) and TFTP (10.41.22.99) info as indicated in my Star2Star documentation , the phone suddenly loses its IP address, subnet mask and gateway information.
  If, before attempting to enter the VLAN and TFTP values, I type the phone's assigned IP address into my web-browser, I come to a page which requests that I enter the TFTP Server IP (10.41.22.99) and submit. This leads to another page where I am asked to wait while the phone reboots. The phone does indeed reboot but is no more usable than described before and the webpage asking me to wait for the phone reboot eventually gives the error message that the request has timed out.

If, however, I command the Mitel 5320e to 'Restore Defaults', select SIP mode on reboot and then hold down the Menu key on subsequent reboot, I proceed to enter both the VLAN (41) and TFTP Server IP (10.41.22.99) as my Star2Star VOIP documentation indicates. After doing this I do hear a dial-tone when picking up the handset, but the phone does not receive an IP, subnet mask, or gateway, and attempting to dial a number results in a busy tone with the error message, "No proxy configured"...

Also, the display only gives me the message "Page Not Found...disp username" If I press the Menu key and then navigate to Settings --> ADMIN TOOLS --> NETWORK SETTINGS, the display prompts me for a password which I did not set. I have tried all obvious default passwords but they all simply return me to the 'NETWORK SETTINGS' page.

If, in the 'ADMIN TOOLS' page I select '1. DEVICE PARAMETERS' selecting either 'Review' or 'Next' only brings me to a page with 'MAC ADDRESS' at the top and pressing 'Review' or 'Next' again only brings me to a page with 'SOFTWARE VERSION' at the top and pressing either selection again returns me to the 'MAC ADDRESS' page, and pressing either again brings me back to 'SOFTWARE VERSION', etc...

Any information on any of these conditions would be greatly appreciated...
        Nathan

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10