Author Topic: 5320 IP Phones with SIP  (Read 1640 times)

Offline jacobtalbot

• View Profile
5320 IP Phones with SIP
« on: February 01, 2016, 08:15:49 PM »
Hello

I have looked through the forums and I am wanting to get two handsets that we have recently acquired to communicate to our SIP PBX. I have got the phones into SIP mode but when attempting to access the web interface I am greeted with a "Select Language" and "Enter TFTP Server" section.

Can anyone shed some light on to this for me?

Cheers

Jacob

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5320 IP Phones with SIP
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »
The phones need to pull firmware for SIP, you basically just told the phone to go into SIP mode, now you need to give it the appropriate firmware, language file, and configuration files via TFTP. Unfortunately I don't think the 5320 has (or ever had) a SIP mode, but it uses a unified bootloader similar to the 5330/5340 sets which do (or did) have SIP functionality, thus that options still shows in the menus but it should NEVER be used. You likely will never get a 5320 to work for this application.

TBH, I would never use a Mitel MiNET set for SIP by choice, they haven't been supported for MANY years for this application... get a Polycom, Mitel/Aastra (Aastra models only!), Yealink, Grandstream, snom, Panasonic, or some manufacturer who has support for generic SIP applications, plug in your IPs and credentials and enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:32:48 AM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10