Author Topic: Mitel 8662/8622  (Read 3437 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Mitel 8662/8622
« on: December 24, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »
After a power loss I have 3 phones that no longer power up with POE. This has happened in the past and I am wondering if this is common?

Chris

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 8662/8622
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:05:00 AM »
FirstSource,

I haven't heard of that as an issue, but it may be the ports are no longer providing PoE.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:35:00 PM »
The phone will not power up on other ports throughout the office. It's as if the power loss causes the phones to go kaput...

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 04:02:25 PM »
FirstSource,

I guess it is possible, but I have never heard of that as an "known" issue with the Mitel phones.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »
FirstSource,

Actually, I have had this happen a lot with that phone. I had one client that had a "planned power outage" and lost nine phones. These phones don't like power fluctuations.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 12:12:33 PM »
FirstSource,

Actually, I have had this happen a lot with that phone. I had one client that had a "planned power outage" and lost nine phones. These phones don't like power fluctuations.

I had another phone go out just today after simply unplugging the CAT and moving it to another desk. The phone will not power back up. This is ridiculous, I have ab out 5-7 phones now that just don't power up anymore. Any known fixes? motherboard change etc...?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
By the time you replace the motherboard, you might as well just buy a refurbished set since I don't know of any source for internal set components... these have been discontinued for a while now, but are plentiful in the secondary market, the 8662 is around $100 and the 8622 about $60.

TBH, I would just replace them with newer Mitel 53xx sets if possible though, especially if you seem to be having issues with them. The 53xx series phones are very robust, but will run significantly more money.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:09:06 PM by acejavelin »

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 08:53:00 AM »
A capacitor is blown in the phone. Ace is right about just buying refurbished phones. I also recommend switching them to 53xx series if possible.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 07:06:27 AM »
Guys,

Keep in mind that the 53xx series phone is going to start going up in price once the 69xx(?) series phones are available for the MiVO-250, and I believe that a couple of years after that they are going to discontinue all together.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 12:13:42 PM »
A capacitor is blown in the phone. Ace is right about just buying refurbished phones. I also recommend switching them to 53xx series if possible.

We are still only on version 2.3.6.73. Will my system support 53xx series phones?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 12:31:27 PM »

We are still only on version 2.3.6.73. Will my system support 53xx series phones?
No... 53xx phones are not supported until 3.2 or 4.0 (can't remember exactly).

You should really get current, your software is at least 10, maybe even 12+ years old... You will have to renew your software assurance with Mitel (contact your dealer) and then have your dealer upgrade you to current. All hardware should be compatible up to 6.1, although depending on your CF card you might have to replace it.

To be honest though, since the hardware is 10+ years old you may want to just go ahead and upgrade to a new HX chassis and the latest 6.2 software. Your old CS chassis has been discontinued and is no longer supported for newer software releases. Replacing the chassis with a new one will basically give you another 10-15 of usable life from your system and allow for newer devices, conference bridge, mobile twinning, Vmail to Email with hosted service, etc. You can reuse your old licenses and devices so the cost will be significantly less than a new system.

Although your existing system may run as is for years, it is a ticking time bomb and will fail eventually... 7-10 years is considered the typical lifespan of modern phone system hardware.

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 02:33:13 PM »
Any idea when the 69xx sets will be compatible to the Mitel 250?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
Any idea when the 69xx sets will be compatible to the Mitel 250?
No, at least not yet.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 10:11:36 AM »

You should really get current, your software is at least 10, maybe even 12+ years old... You will have to renew your software assurance with Mitel (contact your dealer) and then have your dealer upgrade you to current. All hardware should be compatible up to 6.1, although depending on your CF card you might have to replace it.

To be honest though, since the hardware is 10+ years old you may want to just go ahead and upgrade to a new HX chassis and the latest 6.2 software. Your old CS chassis has been discontinued and is no longer supported for newer software releases. Replacing the chassis with a new one will basically give you another 10-15 of usable life from your system and allow for newer devices, conference bridge, mobile twinning, Vmail to Email with hosted service, etc. You can reuse your old licenses and devices so the cost will be significantly less than a new system.

Although your existing system may run as is for years, it is a ticking time bomb and will fail eventually... 7-10 years is considered the typical lifespan of modern phone system hardware.

I've budgeted for a new system this year, hell even our VM server is a Windows 2000 OS. I told the boss it will fail (sooner than later). So I'm just waiting for the go ahead to get the new system around $5400.

Are the systems backwards compatible? Will I still be able to use my old 8662 phones?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »

I've budgeted for a new system this year, hell even our VM server is a Windows 2000 OS. I told the boss it will fail (sooner than later). So I'm just waiting for the go ahead to get the new system around $5400.

Are the systems backwards compatible? Will I still be able to use my old 8662 phones?

Thanks
Yes... The newest system still supports your old IP phones.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10