Author Topic: Disable view "Show Corporate Folders"  (Read 2002 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Disable view "Show Corporate Folders"
« on: December 17, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
Is there a way that anyone has seen to disable the "Show Corporate Folders" that MiCollab/UCA initially loads with?

Because we're setup with IDS Sync, it reveals AD structure that we'd prefer end users didn't see.

Thanks!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Disable view "Show Corporate Folders"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:40:53 PM »
I don't think so. I tried to make the config file read-only in hopes of keeping a set look but it caused issues. I would be a nice feature, think you could then use MiCollab and have some basic tenanting, within a tenanted MiVoice.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »
Yes there is an option to turn this off in the latest client.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »
Yes there is an option to turn this off in the latest client.

I realize the option is in the individual client, but I'd like to turn it off at a system level so that the users never see it.

Offline Gbert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »
This is vital. We have a disabled users folder in our OU structure. This needs to remain confidential. There needs to be a way to disable this option. Or at the very least, point the corporate directory to a specific OU subfolder??

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
This is vital. We have a disabled users folder in our OU structure. This needs to remain confidential. There needs to be a way to disable this option. Or at the very least, point the corporate directory to a specific OU subfolder??

Could you not just go into the MiCollab Client Service and remove any users in this directory from showing?

Offline Gbert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »
The OU's are quite a drill down. Plus it shows OUs for security groups, etc. Just sloppy and confusing for a phone app. It would be so easy to allow for a config file to disable certain things in Micollab.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 05:24:53 PM »

Could you not just go into the MiCollab Client Service and remove any users in this directory from showing?

johnp,
My understanding is that even if you did that and have LDAP/IDS syncing setup that it would simply put it all back on the next sync. Unfortunately this must be done on the client level, as much as that sucks. I agree this should be something that is configurable at the system level and addressed on future releases.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 07:52:31 AM »
johnp,
My understanding is that even if you did that and have LDAP/IDS syncing setup that it would simply put it all back on the next sync. Unfortunately this must be done on the client level, as much as that sucks. I agree this should be something that is configurable at the system level and addressed on future releases.

I have to verify, but I think this just hides them from view and a sync shouldn't bring them back

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 05:31:19 PM »
I am just looking over the release note of the latest version and this might help you

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10