Author Topic: Dynamic Extension goes straight to Voicemail  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Rando_Mitel_User

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Dynamic Extension goes straight to Voicemail
« on: December 10, 2015, 02:54:03 PM »
Using PRI. Having trouble with a user that I recreated. I have made their settings identical to mine in nearly every respect.

DEE:
Step 1 > Ring duration 24 sec > Destination 1 Mobile
Step 2 > Ring N/A > Destination 1 Voice Mail

Previously, Step 1 would ring the desk as Destination1, then mobile as Destination2 (twinning never worked with that), and Step 2 Destination 1 was voicemail. This setup stopped working, so I cut the fat and told DEE to go straight to cell phone.

Associated Destinations table:
Type -- Destination -- Active -- MWI/Pullback
Desk -- (extension) -- Yes -- Yes
Mobile -- 1+areacode+number -- Yes -- No
Voice Mail -- 299 -- Yes -- No

Which is identical to my personal setup, with obvious exceptions of extension and cell phone #, although my cell is long-distance and theirs is local. I am not prefixing cell phone numbers with 8 since that was never needed.

When I call my extension w/DDE from my cell phone, it works perfectly. When I call theirs w/DDE, it goes straight to voicemail.

Most irritatingly, I will go through the rigor of setting up their phone and it will work for a few hours, then the next day when I come in it's broken and goes straight to Voicemail.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Dynamic Extension goes straight to Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
Make sure new phone has same OUTGOING as you under STSTEM/DEVICES/PHONES/<EXT>/ASSOCIATED EXTENSIONS.  Maybe his ext doesn't have access to working trunk group?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »
Also, just for fun, turn off DX and see if behavior changes.  Let's make sure DX is the real culprit here.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 06:57:08 PM »
Rando_Mitel_User,

If the user is able to call out with no problems on their phone then let's look at the obvious stuff and go on from there.

1. Make sure that the cell phone number is valid.
2. Put only the digits required to call the cell phone in the Mobile field. If it is a local you can use 7 or 10 digit dialing if the system is setup for it, but do not put on the long distance code of 1 or else the call will fail and it will go straight to voicemail.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Rando_Mitel_User

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies! Some thoughts on the above:

>>>1. Make sure that the cell phone number is valid.

It definitely is.

>>>2. Put only the digits required to call the cell phone in the Mobile field. If it is a local you can use 7 or 10 digit dialing if the system is setup for it, but do not put on the long distance code of 1 or else the call will fail and it will go straight to voicemail.

I knocked the 1 off for local calling, the call is routed to the cell phone if I dial from within the organization. If I call their DX-toggled phone from my cell, it goes straight to VM. So, basically the same problem.

>>>Make sure new phone has same OUTGOING as you under STSTEM/DEVICES/PHONES/<EXT>/ASSOCIATED EXTENSIONS.  Maybe his ext doesn't have access to working trunk group?

Outgoing is 92001. That's internal to the 5000CP controller, right? "Associated User Extension" (I assume that's what you're referring to) says "NONE" and the icon has a red X over it.

>>>Also, just for fun, turn off DX and see if behavior changes.  Let's make sure DX is the real culprit here.

Things work fine when DX is turned off. If I use system forwarding, Feature (355 + 8 + areaCode + 7digitnumber) it forwards normally.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »
355 is MANUAL FORWARD, and if used at the same time as DX it will go positively wacky.  Make sure it's off by using the user web interface or by dialing 355 and hanging up. Saw exactly the problem you describe and that was the issue.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 01:37:49 PM »
Rando_Mitel_User,

Try changing their Outgoing Extension from 92001 to 92000.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Jamcam6

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »
I have run into a similar problem and am looking for help. I have DX working on several extns, ie. ringing desk and cell together. But on one extn it always rings desk and then goes to vm, never calling cell. I copied phone profile and DX profile from working to non-working without success. If I put user cell number in different extn it rings both, just never when on primary extn. I even took him out of any hunt/ring groups to no avail. Same outbound extn for everyone has been verified. 8668 phones with a PRI. Any ideas?? Flags??

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 10:38:26 AM »
Jamcam6,

So if you put the cell phone number in a Users DEE that "works" then it calls out as it is suppose to?

If that is the case then it is an issue with the users Desktop Extension such as their Class of Service or the calls they are receiving are from a Hunt Group which will not route out via DEE.

If you forward the persons phone out to their cell does it work?

Thanks,

TE

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 08:38:57 AM »
For some reason, I think on the extensions forwarding path to voice mail, IC needs to be set to NO.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10