Author Topic: SX200 ICP - vlans  (Read 1960 times)

Offline cnxtreme

• View Profile
SX200 ICP - vlans
« on: November 09, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »
I'm new to these forums so hopefully I am giving as much information as needed. With addition of some IP phones, we decided to set them up in a vlan. This part is working correctly and router is working correctly in that I can ping across vlans from one to the other without issue. The problem I am having now is I am unable to get in to the Secure telnet session I was able to get in to before. I have tried telneting and using a web browser but no success. If I put the PC I am telnetting from in to the same VLAN that the SX200 is on, then the telnet session works. If I put the pc back on to the main vlan then I am no longer able to connect through telnet. I can ping the SX200 from the pc where I use telnet from. But not telnet to it. Also, along these same lines I am unable to run a backup as I used to when everything was under the same vlan. If I put both the PC and the SX on the same vlan - I am still not able to backup. I am using CaserFTP to backup. Could someone offer some suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue(s)? Or shed some light on where I could look for a fix? Thanks in advance.

I did try searching these forums, but nothing matched up with what I was looking for.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:12:27 PM by cnxtreme »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SX200 ICP - vlans
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »
Your inter-Vlan routing is handled by your switch or router... it is working at least somewhat correctly because the phones work, but they don't need anything special.

Honestly, from the symptoms it sounds like your gateway address is set incorrectly in the SX-200, but without seeing more details of the network layout it is hard to say for sure. This would explain the inability to use SSH or HTTP access from a different VLAN but it works in the same VLAN, but it doesn't explain the FTP issue...

Did you verify that the ftp server address, username, and password are correct in the 200? You would probably need to change it if you are testing from the Voice VLAN and moving to a different VLAN since your IP address would change... I always use FileZilla server, so I can't speak to CaserFTP or how it works.

Offline Fanragetyo

• View Profile
    • sbobet
Re: SX200 ICP - vlans
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:27:47 AM »
I have read and feel that this was useful.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10