Author Topic: 3100 backups and MOH upload  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Bubble

• View Profile
3100 backups and MOH upload
« on: November 06, 2015, 12:28:51 PM »
Hi guys

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to Mitel systems, so any help really appreciated.

I am trying to take a backup from a 3100 but keep getting a 'java.io.File Permission read' error. I also get the same when I try to upload a MOH file.

I have tried it from Win7 and also XP using different versions of JRE and IE, and Firefox.

It is really getting annoying lol.

Help appreciated.

Bubble

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 3100 backups and MOH upload
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
IIRC, you need to be using IE5 or IE6 and Java SE6 (Update 6 rings a bell???) or earlier, all other versions of Java must be uninstalled, and this was with the final release of 3100 software... Earlier versions required J2SE 5 and were a little version finicky too.

I could never get this to work in Vista or 7, but used to use a WinXP virtual machine. It is really tough to get it to work if you have any IE "security patches" applied, anything within the last couple of years breaks the usage of any Java prior to SE7. I don't know that I can help much more, it's been 6+ years since I have seen a 3100.

Remember that this product was discontinued in around 2002 or 2003, so it is at least 13 years old... well beyond it's expected serviceable life of 7-10 years, you should seriously consider moving to a newer Mitel system, the MiVoice Business platform will support most of the IP phones to help minimize the initial investment.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:30:53 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:00:57 AM »
Thx Ace.
yeah I know it is very old, but just trying to do as much as I can with it.

I will uninstall my Java on my XP and try the oldest version I can find.

Much appreciated.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 11:24:10 AM »
Ace is correct... Install an old, original, version of XP in a virtual machine, don't upgrade/update it, use that to admin your 3100 with IE6.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10