Author Topic: Superset 420  (Read 2463 times)

Offline jfalkenb

• View Profile
Superset 420
« on: October 30, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »
Hi all. I am looking for some help . . . one of our employees wants her Superset 420 to be forwarded to her cell phone AND to take messages to her Mitel voicemail. I can only get the phone to do one or the other, not both. Is there a way to do that?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Superset 420
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »
That depends on the type of trunks you are using.
It can be done with PRI.   You'll need to set up a COS with a long forward timer.

You didn't say what type of PBX you have.  It will make a difference on how it's done.

Ralph

Offline jfalkenb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »
I am using Mitel PBX.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 06:29:14 PM »
Which Mitel PBX and voicemail, and what trunking?

I am assuming you want the call to ring to ring the cellphone, but instead of going to the cell phone providers voicemail it is "pulled back" to the Mitel voicemail?

Standard Call Forwarding will probably not work if this is the scenario you are looking for, but EHD or Twinning -may- take care of what you need, this would require a newer Mitel 5000, newer 3300 system, or either a SX200ICP or older 3300 with a Mobile Extension server.

Offline jfalkenb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »
Mitel PBX SX-2000 Light.
Voicemail Mitel Application Suite 4.0, NuPoint Web Console

"I am assuming you want the call to ring to ring the cellphone, but instead of going to the cell phone providers voicemail it is "pulled back" to the Mitel voicemail?"

This sounds like what my person wants. We only have Superset 420 and 4025 here. I am not sure about what trunking we are using.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »
If you have MAS (Mitel Application Server) 4.0, you most likely have a Mitel MCD 3300 system using SX-2000 Light peripheral bays for the digital sets (the set type itself is actually not relevant). You will need to setup an EHD user, using External Hot Desking, and to get the "pull back" of the voicemail you need a PRI or SIP trunking, setting up the user as an EHD user should give you almost exactly the functionality you want except the desk phone and cell phone will ring at the same time rather than being forwarded but this can be toggled off and on. You will need an available EHD license to do this though.

Otherwise, through standard forwarding I don't think you can have the call forward to a cell phone and then come back to the Nupoint.

One other option might be to setup an FCOS in the Nupoint that allows for cell phone dial-thru and forward the phone directly to Voicemail, and in the user's greeting they say something like "Hi, you have reached Steve with XYZ company, to reach my cell phone press 2, or stay on the line to leave me a message" and when they press 2 they are placed on consultation hold and the cell phone is rang but if it isn't answered the call reverts to the Nupoint mailbox. I can't tell you the exact steps to set this up off the top of my head, and it's been years since I've done it, but I am sure if this sounds like it will work there are several people here who could probably walk you right through it.

(I am going to leave this topic here for the moment, but depending on the next post or two it may get moved to the 3300 or Application sections if they are more relevant)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:46:30 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10