Author Topic: Moving from PRI to Analog POTS lines  (Read 1857 times)

Offline bambambo

• View Profile
Moving from PRI to Analog POTS lines
« on: October 19, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »
Hi!

I do tech work for a school which has an older SX200 Cabinet System...

They are moving their telephone services from the current PRI (connected trough CSU/DSU) connection
to 2 analog POTS lines.

Their SX200 has  LG/GS TRUNK CARD with 6 Ports that had been pulled out.
I connected the card into the system and punched down the lines on the corresponding block.
The card stays in alarm all the time.

I have connected to the system using HyperTerminal on the Maintenance Port.

What changes do I have to make to the system to start accepting calls on that LG/GS card.
What changes do I have to make for the system to pick up a POTS line when 8 is dialed
on the phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a lot of telephone experience with older
PBX systems, just never worked on a Mitel before..

Thank you,
Bo

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Moving from PRI to Analog POTS lines
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:40:04 PM »
Sounds like they care completely unconfigured, you need to start at step 1... Config the card in Form 1, build a COS, build a trunk descriptor, build trunks in Form 14, etc.

I would suggest Googling up a copy of the technician's handbook, it has most of what you need step by step if I remember correctly.

Offline bambambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
Thank you for your response!

I forgot to mention that they are currently configured to go out on the PRI, and
are still accepting calls on that circuit. I am looking to switch them to the Analog Lines.

Another quick questions, when I am in the Maintanance port, logged in as Supervisor,
when I try to bring up certain forms in the CDE, it tells me that the form is not available.
Am I doing something wrong? Is SUPERVISOR the best account to use to make changes?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:22:43 AM »
No, Supervisor is not for making for changes to the system at all... that would fall under the login of Installer or Maint1.

So in addition to the things I mentioned earlier, you will need to put the analog lines in a trunk group and change ARS routing, if you are not familiar with ARS it can be quite complicated in some scenarios.

TBH, I think in this case you are probably better off getting a vendor who knows what they are doing, there are some idiosyncrasies to the SX200 that could give you significant headaches if you don't know what you are trying to do. This kind of switch over is not really a DIY job.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10