Author Topic: Mitel SX 200 CX Installer Access Problem  (Read 3170 times)

Offline CDNPilotDave

• View Profile
Mitel SX 200 CX Installer Access Problem
« on: October 18, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
Hello everyone. I am Dave. New to the forum. Up until early summer of 2015 I was able to put the URL of our switch into my favorite browser and was presented with a Mitel CDE screen where I could perform a few maintnenance items through programming. Now, however, I can enter the login and password, it attempts to log me in but I am presented with a CDE Loading message but the middle of the screen simply shows a "puzzle piece" with text reading: "this plugin is not supported" when the cursor is placed on top. A right mouse click on the puzzle piece gives an "Inspect element" choice that show the following:

<applet codebase="." id="CDEApplet" archive="CDEApplet10.jar" code="de.mud.jta.Applet" width="100%" height="100%" bgcolor="8080c0" title="undefined">            <param name="config" value="applet.conf">   <param name="user" value="installer"><param name="pass" value="1000">    <param name="Terminal.fontStyle" value="plain"><param name="Terminal.fontSize" value="14"><param name="Terminal.resize" value="font"><param name="Terminal.fontStyle" value="plain"><br><b>Your Browser seems to have no <a href="http://java.sun.com/">Java</a>         support. Please get a new browser or enable Java to see this applet!</b>            <br>      </applet>

Are there any java people here (I assume that Java is the culprit) that can assist me? The only changes that have been made anywhere were workstation changes on our network. All machines are running Windows 7 Pro with Kaspersky anti virus.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel SX 200 CX Installer Access Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »
The 200 require really old java. I myself use putty and the old interface

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:45:02 AM »
Yeah, johnp is correct... in order to use the web interface you will need Java 6 (1.6.0_45-b6 32-bit is what I use) and IE8, I have nothing but issues with newer Java or different browsers. This is the same version that will work with the 3300 from about release 6.0 and later, which is why I keep it on my laptop.

If you have an old CD from the SX-200ICP, there is a terminal program in the Tools directory with the correct keymaps and graphics, or you can use Putty, connect to port 2000 on the SX200, and play with the font/settings to get the display correct (VT100/102 and ANSI or Terminal Font IIRC), it is much easier and faster than the web portal.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:48:06 AM by acejavelin »

Offline CDNPilotDave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 01:51:19 AM »
Thanks for the input. The "new" Java version isn't an improvement in this case.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10